PDA

View Full Version : 35 weeks pregnant and stupid things DH says

Oct. 04 mom
12-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Yep...I'm in the home stretch. Just got our two-year-old to sleep through the night in his big boy bed. And what does DH do?

Wears my favorite tennis shoes around the house because they are much more comfortable than his -- even though I have asked him repeatedly not to wear them because he is completely flattening out all of the arch support. There goes one of two pairs of shoes that were comfortable at this point.

Lies about when his doctor's appointment is to get his cholestral tested. It's not for another week, meaning he has put it off for more than a month. I've been asking him to take care of this for 2+ years because I would like him to have life insurance in case he drops dead and leaves me with two kids. Would be a nice christmas present I'm thinking!

Doesn't touch the laundry, clean bathrooms, lies about vacumming (he must feel guilty, but it's obvious that it hasn't been done), goes out with the guys christmas shopping which means drinking, looking at Victoria's Secret for things I can't wear now and won't wear later and more drinking, calls me "preggo" and "fat" and says "boy, you're getting huge."

No sh*t! And I feel like crap with this cold, I can't sleep and my hormones are raging. How about picking up your dirty tools instead of leaving them ON TOP OF THE PRESENTS I HAVE JUST WRAPPED??

Okay, I'm feeling better now. Thanks for listening.

What stupid things have your DH said that have sent you over the edge??

jacksmomtobe
12-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Stupidest thing Dh has said I'm sure there are more funny ones but this non funny one that comes to mind...asked ds when I was recovering from my c-section from dd's birth if ds wanted me to carry him upstairs (it was clearly known that I could not pick up ds and that was the one thing that kept ds asking when I would be better) which of course led to ds breaking down to tears because even he remembered that I still could not carry him. I really wanted to tell dh he was an idiot when he said this but I bit my tongue.

Others...

Saying to ds in the morning do you want a cookie? Hello if ds asks for a cookie in the morning I tell him no and suffer the wrath..and dh asks ds if he wants a cookie...ds unfortunately often brings up things he shouldn't or offers things he shouldn't.

Most annoying thing dh has said lately:
*Show some pride....in reaction to finding the tags from clothing on the side of the waste basket instead of inside..or from other household related things such as recently that I didn't have anything planned for dinner. We have an infant and a 2 1/2 yr old our house is pretty clean and he travels a lot for work so that makes me the one taking care of the kids and the house. I didn't purposely miss the basket. Often I'm multitasking and all of a suddent have to drop something to go to one of the kids. When he made one of his nit picky comments I explained to him that I didn't have time to go from room to room determining what was wrong in each room that I was a bit busy.
*Another one along the same lines is "You're not managing this situation well" wtf, this is typically in comment when I'm trying to get ds to do something he doesn't want to do or get us out the door. hello...he rarely takes ds anywhere so how would he know how that works.
*told me I was the most disorganized person when we left for our last vacation..hello I packed myself, two kids & the dog meanwhile he's off at the gym etc the morning we leave.

Here's a funny stupid one...told me that for my 40th Birthday ( a few years away) he's going to give me a boob job..wtf . I'm not back to pre-preg shape but I'm not that far off. I'm not the type to go for plastic surgery. He then said that's what all the Moms are having. I was pretty miffed by this comment. Makes me wonder who he's been hanging out with to come up with this one.

I guess I should have written my own post here! I really hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. Men don't realize how much we do and how hard it can be with kids.

bubbaray
12-21-2006, 12:13 AM
OMG. Well, I got a set of pots for my 40th. 4 months late. But, if my DH had suggested a boob job, I would have clobbered him with each and every one of those pots. :(

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

bubbaray
12-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I was upset tonight (can't remember what about) and DH said "I can't believe I have to put up with you for X more weeks". I just lost it. Having a 2nd was HIS idea and at this point, I'm not too on board with it (I don't do pregnancy well -- hopefully I'll change my mind in the OR).

I've been sick with a #&$^% cold for 2 months (and can't take anything for it), I can't sleep, I'm freakin' HUGE, I'm high risk and supposed to keep my BP down and HE does everything he can possibly think of to stress me out.

In the next breath, he says, "Well, I don't know why you're complaining about having only 2. The plan was for six." WTF? Who's plan was THAT? NEVER mine. Even before I had DD#1. I was thrilled to have one. The number six most definitely did NOT enter the picture. Not that the dr's would let me anyway (plus we're too old and have IF problems).

Other things he's said in the past 24hrs include to DD#1 "Hey, look, at how huge mommy's tummy is." and when I asked him to get me a bowl of ice cream after dinner (he was getting one for himself and have I mentioned he's gained more weight than I have) "are you sure that's a good idea?".

He never asks how I'm feeling. AND, he's sleeping in the spare room because "you snore now" -- yeah, I have a @#$^ cold and I'm PG. Both can make you snore, moron. Read a book and learn something. However, having him not in the bed with me is actually kinda good.

Sorry, I'm hijacking your bitch. Men. Snort. :(

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

BaileyBea
12-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Men say dumb dumb things. Especially in the last few weeks of pregnancy. They must all have Daddy brain!

I reminded DH if he said another dumb thing to me he is never having sex again. har har! He shut up. He recently said something to me about a body part and I said "oh is that your hair clogging up the drain the shower." OUCH! ;-) I thought it was a good one. I never have a good comeback but i did that day.

Nancy