PDA

View Full Version : I hate icy roads. Grrr...

trumansmom
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
My kids go to daycare one day a week, usually on Mondays. However, the Christmas party is today, so they both went today as well. I had a long printed list of errands and presents and things I HAVE to do today. Unfortunately, when we woke up this morning, the roads are covered in ice. And this transplanted Southern girl doesn't do ice. :( I have no idea when I'm going to be able to finish those last minute Christmas gifts. If the roads are clear by tomorrow, I'm think it's going to be on line gift certificates. 3 of the people would be thrilled with it, but I know my babysitter would be offended. She puts tons of thought and effort into Christmas shopping and is usually finished by September. :( I hate the idea of just getting her something for the sake of giving her a gift.

I guess on the up side, I can finish wrapping everything without the kids getting into the paper, and get the guest room ready, right? Blech. I like shopping better.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Drive carefully! I remember Mpls winters in my Honda CRX
with bags of kitty litter in the trunk for extra weight-- like THAT was going to make a difference.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

kaylinsmommy2
12-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow. Even the thought of icy roads scares me! Yikes. Perhaps your babysitter (not *yours* persay, but the children's?) would enjoy some nice homemade cookies decorated by the kids? Kaylin was very proud of the cookies she decorated herself. :) Or something else made by the kids?

Sorry you won't be able to finish shopping. But it will all be fine. go with the gift cards. It's the thought that counts.

Caroline
mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

trumansmom
12-21-2006, 01:32 PM
>Perhaps your babysitter (not *yours* persay, but the
>children's?)

LOL! Sometimes I think she is actually "my" babysitter!

A project by the kids is actually a great idea. And a great way to keep them busy tomorrow!

But Caroline, you know me, the real bitch behind the bitch was how bummed I am not to get to go shopping! :P

Jeanne

kaylinsmommy2
12-21-2006, 03:30 PM
>But Caroline, you know me, the real bitch behind the bitch was
>how bummed I am not to get to go shopping! :P

See? Would you like to switch with me? I like shopping okay, but I HATE Christmas shopping. I hate lines and big groups of people, and I'm not very good at thinking of ideas of what to buy for almost strangers (I can shop for me and DD, and some for DH, but everyone else is just so confusing). I'd rather stay home to wrap presents, clean up, and bake cookies anyday. You can do all my shopping for me next year, okay? :)

Caroline
mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

oliviasmomma
12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Oh yes, the midwest kitty litter theory! I have three bags in the trunk right now, thanks to DH. It is supposed to weigh down the car and melt the snow/ice if you get stuck. I was stuck on an icy hill once and it did neither, but it makes DH sleep better!

almostamom
12-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Hmmm, no icy roads here in Phx. What's it going to take to convince you to come here? :) I did live in Flagstaff for a few years, and this girl doesn't do icy roads either!! I vote for a gift made by the munchkins for the sitter. May the ice melt by tomorrow and may you get your shopping fix then!

Hugs,
Linda

trumansmom
12-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Um, a divorce? DH is from here, and he ain't going nowhere! Otherwise, you wouldn't have to ask twice!:P

The roads melted. I got a nice gift for the babysitter yesterday, and I napped most of Thursday. Woo hoo! Everything turned out great. :)

Jeanne