PDA

View Full Version : Packing peanuts everywhere!!!!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-21-2006, 03:36 PM
This is the second time this week I have gone to open a package and spilled packing peanuts all over the living room floor. You'd think I'd learn... ;)

Jenn98
12-21-2006, 04:06 PM
It could be worse: It could be a cheap Christmas card with glitter all over it so when you open it the glitter flies *everywhere* and stays forever.

Or, the packing peanuts could be from your neighbor's recycling bin that got blown over during the night and are now ALL over your entire yard.

Or you could be less than a week away from your due date and be cranky as all getout and have no idea why ;)

SpaceGal
12-21-2006, 04:11 PM
I hate packing peanuts. DH works from home and his company constantly sends him packages of work supplies and guess what they use for cushioning...yup you got it...PEANUTS!

I swear I have like 1 dozen or so garbage bags of it in the basement. I was terrified of these things when DS was little because I thought he would eat them...luckily not a problem with that but man cleaning them up and they static cling to the floors, hands, clothings, and practically anything. I hate packing peanuts...I much prefer bubble wrap or those inflated air pillow things.

I feel your pain...what I do for comfort is pack other packages to friends, family or for DH's work...I shove as many packing peanuts as possible in their boxes.

BTW: I received a package from Pottery Barn yesterday and on it says to call 800.828.2214 to find a packing peanuts recycling center near you.

deborah_r
12-21-2006, 04:24 PM
I feel you! Just had a packing peanut nightmare last night. I was cursing the company who sent it as the "last company on earth who doesn't use those air-filled pouches"! I hate packing peanuts. Then the static electricity was making them cling to me - I probably still have some stuck to me today!

momathome
12-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Tell me about it. Every American Girl order that I have placed has come filled with packing peanuts. Makes me nuts. :(

dules
12-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Jen, do you live up the street from me? I saw the packing peanuts strewn across a lawn a few houses up earlier today - what a mess.

To the OP, I feel your pain. I hate those things and they are so hard to corral once they're all over the floor.

Mary

jgriffin
12-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Hahaha! I just came here to post a bitch about peanuts myself! I had half a box of them in the hallway, out of reach of the cats (so I thought), and when I came in this afternoon they were everywhere! Grrrrr! x(

I have been trying not to use them for packing stuff for others, but I do need to in a pinch sometimes. When I collect a garbage bag or two of them I bring them to the local UPS store which takes them for free (and then resells them, so I really should get some credit, but honestly they take them off my hands which is good enough for me!)

Jen

oliviasmomma
12-21-2006, 04:57 PM
But, if they're the cornstarch ones, they stick together when wet. When I rant the coop many of our shipments came with these and we kept them for the tykes to play with (under supervision, of course). If they are the cornstarch ones, maybe see if a preschool wants them?

Oh, I can't stand the styrofaom ones either, they'll outlast us all and our cats have to jump in the box and strew them around.

Jenn98
12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
"... packing peanuts. Makes me nuts."

Nice pun :)

Kyras mom
12-24-2006, 01:54 AM
I was cursing those things today myself! They should be banned. That static cling makes them especially annoying!

Karen

squimp
12-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I was going to suggest calling one of those places - I live in a small town, and we even have a place here that will take peanuts.

To the OP, I totally agree - and they really suck because they just break up and fly around. My vaccuum cleaner will not pick them up!

momathome
12-26-2006, 06:13 PM
The sad thing is that was totally unintentional. ;)

elizabethkott
12-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh... the cornstarch ones!
Totally unintentional, but absolutely hysterical: my parent's 10 year old yellow lab with one of the cornstarch ones stuck to her tongue. She got it off the floor so fast! We think she thought it was a cheeto or something...
Really, really funny to watch her reaction and try to get it off her tongue!
since it was a cornstarch one, I didn't feel so much guilt sbout her eventual ingesting of the cheeto/peanut. :)