PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired. whine.

bubbaray
12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm tired. Running on 3 hrs of sleep. See next point.

DD is sick, A G A I N. Some combo GI virus that morphs into a chest cold (according to our DCP, its going around and DD's symptoms are bang on). Did I mention that DD has asthma, so any cold, but particularly a chest cold, is potentially extremely serious for her.

I'm huge, and DH keeps reminding me of that (pass the chocolate if you're going to insult me, dumba$$).

I am completely swamped at work and at HOME today (see point #2).

I'm not done Christmas shopping and have lost interest/patience. Have to deliver at least 2 gifts tomorrow at the latest (secretary at work and daycare provider).

I've not started food shopping for Christmas.

My van power door is acting up and was supposed to go into the shop today for warranty service -- I'm at home and so is the van (see point #2). Stupid @#$%%^ Honda Ody. Love the van except for these @#$%%^ power doors, which have caused me no end of grief. Should have bought the Sienna, which I'm considering doing.

DH is out at his work Christmas lunch. My work isn't having one and I'm bummed.

DH has just started Christmas shopping and told me last night that he has only gotten me a few things "because you won't like them anyway, so what's the point". He's getting DD completely stooopid things, didn't put any thought into her gifts and I'm pi$$ed. Oh yeah, except he did buy her a Thomas the Train book, which I HAD ALREADY PURCHASED FOR HER AT COSTCO LAST MONTH WHEN HE WAS THERE WITH ME (for 1/2 what he paid, he he he).

My brain is mush and honestly, I just want to put my feet up and have a glass of wine or something along those lines (I don't usually drink at all and obviously w/n do so while PG).

Oh yeah, and to top it off, I had to cancel my pregnancy massage yesterday b/c DD is sick. I'm starting to get a headache (which is why I'm going to these massages).

Blech.

OK, I feel better now....

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

psophia17
12-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Telepahtic massage coming your way...HUGS!

bubbaray
12-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Petra.

Did you see my reply to your freedom.exe post in the Lounge the other day?

Also, is this your first Christmas in the frozen Arctic? I hope its a good one. No snow predicted for Christmas Day, but then again, I've lived in the area for 20 yrs now and I don't think I recall a white Christmas ever. I'm just hoping these stoooopid wind storms die down so we don't all lose power when cooking the turkeys!

Merry Ho Ho!

Melissa

ShanaMama
12-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Melissa- hope things are getting better for you by now. Just wanted to give you the heads up that DD had that virus & it somehow developed into pnuemonia (with an ear infection). Not trying to freak you out, but just keep a close watch on her.
Hope things shape up soon- & definitely reschedule your massage for 1/2 hour after DH comes home. That way you run out when he runs in... ;)

bubbaray
12-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Oh do NOT saaaaaay that. DD just had pneumonia last month. @#$%^^ I can not handle that again, nor can she (she has asthma, so is prone to it with any "regular" cold). Crap crap crap.

Next massage is January. Ugh. I may lose my mind before then.

I think I'm going to do some shopping at the Hanna sale. Retail therapy.

Thanks!!!
Melissa

mommyoftwo
12-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm really sorry. We are dealing with the same thing (see my post about being sick). Stomach virus that morphs into horrible cold. I have the asthma that turns in to pneumonia at the drop of the hat thing too. In fact, this is the first cold in three years that hasn't resulted in me being on antibiotics within one day-literally one day. Anyway, I so feel your pain. I really hope that everything starts going a little better for you very, very soon. Sending you massage vibes and no headache vibes.