PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up package deliveries

SpaceGal
12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Can I just say how I hate it when package deliveries go awry? Usually everything goes smoothly...and when it doesn't it's sooo annoying and even more annoying during the holidays than anything else.

Ordered a mojority of Christmas gifts online. Been waiting for the past week and this week for them to trickle in and get them all sorted and wrapped. So today as I stalk the UPS truck from this afternoon until now...I notice the tracking info said delivered to the front door at 5pm. Usually this is the case but today, I look out the door and there's nothing...unless the box is invisible. Ugh so annoying I just had a feeling this one package would have issues. Granted it's just books part of gifts, that I ordered that are missing and maybe the kids (my son and friend's kids) won't care or notice that they didn't get the books I ordered but man I'm annoyed. I mean now I have to go deal with claims and crap how irritating. Grrr.

Such is the life of online ordering I guess...it can't go smoothly all the time. Oh well just thought I'd vent...wondering if anyone else is dealing with anything similar.

JBaxter
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks for posting this...
I just checked on a package ( split shipment) and guess what UPS says it was delivered LAST Friday GRRRRRR uhhh NO I was here last friday at 6:15 so I dont know where they delivered it but not here...
DH's lithograph wont be here until Jan now.

MaiseyDog
12-21-2006, 10:09 PM
I have done the majority of my Christmas shopping online the last several years, but this year has been the worst for not getting packages. I ordered 3 things from American girl for my 3 neices. I ordered them separately, because with the $10 off code it made the whole thing cheaper doing them individually. I ordered all of them at the same time. I got one on one day, one two days later and never recieved the third. I checked the tracking info and it said the third package had been delivered 4 days earlier. As it wasn't at my house, I called UPS. They said I had to go through American Girl to find out what was wrong. Anyway, I called American Girl, and sure enough, 3 packages left their warehouse on the same day bound for my house. It turns out that 2 of the packages got delivered to "my address, Madison, MS" the third package, for reasons unknown to either of us as it was address correctly, got delivered to "my address, Jackson, MS" and was subsequently returned to American Girl. As I said the shipping label read Madison, MS, UPS just screwed up. Thankfully, American Girl sent it back to me overnight.

This was actually the 3rd package with UPS I have had to track down this year. I've also lost one through the United States Post Office. I'm in the process of trying to find it. Who knows how long that will take. Oh yeah, and I have one package stuck in Denver and not expected to make it here for Christmas. So much for online shopping being easier.

Margaret

ellies mom
12-22-2006, 01:06 AM
I haven't had any problems lately but this summer my husband ordered a moniter. The day it was to be delivered UPS left a note saying no one was home. That was a Thursday. So Friday we wait around but the UPS guy never showed up, even though the tracking said it was on the truck to be delivered. Turns out the guy was tired of delivering packages so just stopped early. We wait the weekend, and I get an actual delivery window for Monday, so I'm at the house and watch the UPS guy drive up to the house, rustle around in back and then drive off. The package had never actually been put on the truck. So finally on Tuesday, the UPS guy shows up and leaves the package on the porch without even knocking. Now why couldn't the first guy have done that?