PDA

View Full Version : I'm TIRED of being sick!!!!

mommyoftwo
12-21-2006, 09:43 PM
We've been fighting illness for well over three weeks now. Every time I start to feel better, it lasts for maybe a day and then I'm even more sick than I was to begin with. I just keep getting worse. Now I've almost lost my voice and can hardly talk, my muscles ache, my throat hurts and I have a headache. My house is a wreck, my inlaws are coming on Saturday (MIL is very critical of the house), everyone else in the house is sick and miserable, and we missed getting our Christmas pics taken because everyone is sick. When will this end?

Ok, tirade over.

bubbaray
12-21-2006, 09:56 PM
That SUCKS. I've been sick for a couple of months now, and DD keeps getting sick too. At least I don't have my ILs to deal with. Ugh.

Hope everyone has a miraculous recovery in time for Santa's arrival! Don't sweat the house. If your ILs are anything like my ILs, I could have Martha Stewart clean, organize, decorate and cook and they would STILL find something to whine about. Put your feet up, have a hot toddy (really, they are GREAT for lost voices -- our vocal coach in HS swore by them!).

Feel better!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

mommyoftwo
12-21-2006, 10:00 PM
If I had the things to make a hot toddy, I SO would. Right now there is hardly anything in the house because we've all been sick for so long. And yes, my MIL especially is the type to find fault no matter what I do. If the house is messy, she makes rude comments about how I don't take care of anything. If it's clean she makes rude comments about how surprised she is. What can you do, right? Hope you guys feel better soon.

cmdunn1972
12-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I hear ya! DH brought home some bug from the office to the rest of the family. That was 2 weeks ago. Then he left town for a business trip right as DS and I started to catch it! It was not fun taking care of DS when we're both sick.

I'm just now starting to get over it and hoping it doesn't linger for much longer. I feel like I'm using a box of tissues per day!

dules
12-21-2006, 10:32 PM
I am SO sorry. Call Merry Maids and tell DH it's your Christmas present to yourself - then sit back with a cup of tea with honey and lime and watch them work. :)

I finally got to a doctor today and got antibiotics, steroids and a codeine cough syrup. All have weird side effects listed including "strange thoughts", dizziness, nausea, extreme fatique, etc. so I'm waiting for DH to get home from dinner with college buddies (grrr) so I can take some. Don't want to be home alone with DD and not hear her if she needs me.

Hope you feel better soon, and truly, call a cleaning service (or make DH do it) and tell MIL to stick it. :P

Mary

mommyoftwo
12-21-2006, 11:00 PM
I wish I could call a cleaning service, but I don't think I can afford it. A friend is supposed to come over Saturday morning before my inlaws get here but I don't think three hours is going to cut it. I get sick so often that I actually have an antiobiotics prescription with refills at the pharmacy. I decided tonight to start taking them in hopes that it helps. I'm pretty desperate at this point. I really hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being sick at the holidays.

oliviasmomma
12-21-2006, 11:12 PM
That just stinks. I can't stand being around critical people, it makes me feel like everything is some sort of test.

I hope you feel better soon!

saschalicks
12-22-2006, 12:36 AM
I know I've told you this but you know what? If IL's can't get that you all have been really sick then they aren't worth even fretting over. If she makes a comment your response will "you're welcome to take care of it yourself, I've been really sick". I know I'm evil Having my own IL issues makes me that way.

As for the sickness I just want to say {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}