PDA

View Full Version : *&$#-ing Magic Cabin!!!- update

hcsl
12-24-2006, 11:36 AM
I ordered a Plan City crane for ds LAST WEEKEND from Magic Cabin and paid extra for express shipping. Guess what hasn't arrived in time for Santa to leave it under our tree tonight!

Each time I called them to ask about it (starting Wednesday, giving them one day to process my order) they told me their 'paperwork' hadn't been updated yet, so they weren't sure if it had been processed or shipped, but they thought it probably had since I placed my order several days ago. They even told me this at 8pm Friday night, and tried to reassure me that UPS might still drop it off since they're working late that night.

WTF? Paperwork? Ever heard of a computer system that person A can put information into so that person B in another location can access said information?? Not to mention that I paid extra for express delivery so it should have been expedited anyway.

Grrrr. I'm never ordering from them again!

BTW, their website "guarantees" delivery for express-shipped items the 2nd business day after order is processed. They have refunded my shipping charges, but that absolutely doesn't make up for the fact that I wanted to see ds' very excited face when he got his coveted crane Christmas morning. I've spent the last 2 days calling toy stores in our area trying to find someone who has the stupid thing.

UPDATE- Here's the abridged version: DH works in purchasing for an e-commerce/retail company so I put him on this task, and I think he really enjoyed getting some real world use out of his work skills. As of Wednesday, the crane still had not shipped, they had charged my credit card the full amount on the day I ordered it (which is apparently illegal- you should not be charged until the item ships) and never refunded my shipping. DH finally got through to someone (apparently they were getting lots of calls from unhappy customers on Tuesday) and was able to talk to a supervisor who gave him someone else's contact info. Supposedly their computer system broke the week before Christmas (dh is waiting on this to be verified by someone he knows who works for Magic Cabin's parent company. I thought they were a small business but nope- they're part of the 1-800-flowers company.). We were overnighted a crane and we got it today. DS was sooo happy to see the crane, and I'm still waiting on my shipping to be refunded along with the $14 they said they would refund due to their price matching policy (Kidsurplus had the crane for $39).

squimp
12-25-2006, 12:41 AM
That truly sucks! I agree that their shipping is glacial. It took several days for them to put my item in the mail, which is pretty slow.

new_mommy25
12-26-2006, 01:33 AM
That really sucks. Magic Cabin has (IMO) pretty slow shipping. I ordered from them the first week of December and didn't get my stuff until over 2 weeks later. I also ordered some sale items on Dec. 17 using a free shipping code, and they charged me $14 for express shipping! The charges only went through yesterday and when I called them they told me that my items were scheduled to be delivered Dec. 26. No big deal since they weren't for Christmas anyway. The woman on the phone told me she was so glad she was talking to me since there were a lot of people that were yelling at her! I guess they really messed up with their shipping and had a lot of angry people. I hope my refund goes through without incidence so I don't have to call them again. I'll probably order through their catalog again just because they have really cute items and good discount codes but I will have to keep in mind that they are very slow and prone to mistakes.

I'm so sorry your son didn't get his toy. We have the crane and it is a big hit. Your DS will love it when it arrives.

squimp
12-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Anyone else? I haven't received my items yet, so I'm not even sure how to respond.