PDA

View Full Version : Another holiday, another SIL chapter

oliviasmomma
12-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Well, SIL is at it again. She decided to go to Colo. to visit another relative this year, so I thought we were safe. Today I got a call from BIL (who lives 3 miles from us). Apparrently SIL called him to say that we should not exchange or open any gifts until she gets back because she is missing out on everything. She called DH yeaterday to say that we should not get together today because she is being left out. Hello? Um, we are in MI--she's the one who left. In addition, she has not found time to see us for any Christmas since we've been married--in 2001. So, to make sure she feels included, we're supposed to let BIL X2 spend Christmas alone--oh, and they can't open presents. What a piece of work. (We're heading over there in 2 hours with a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce and a movie so nah.)

elizabethkott
12-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Ew.
Grinchy Grincherson.
Fa-la-la on her.
:)

Radosti
12-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm amazed... absolutely amazed that you've restrained yourself so far and haven't given her a piece of your mind. You're a better woman than me. I'd have ripped her a new one by now for being so self centered and obnoxious.

punkrockmama
12-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Wow. She sounds like a lovely gal :major eyeroll: It's really nice of you guys to head over there and spend time with your BIL despite Cruella's mandate.