PDA

View Full Version : I know I shouldn't be mad but...

mommyoftwo
01-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm tired of being alone. DH is a surgical resident and has a big test at the end of the month. It's a nationwide standardized test thing that's a really big deal for all surgical residents. I know he needs to study for it and I know he doesn't get anything done when he's home but he's been gone every night for the past week and plans to continue that until he takes the test at the end of the month. I know he needs to do this and it's not his fault, but I never see him, I never get a break (as if I get much of one anyway with him being a resident), and I'm tired of mostly feeling like a single parent. On top of that, I've had horrible insomnia and my chronic fatigue syndrome has relapsed. I'm just tired of it all. :(

tarynsmum
01-15-2007, 02:09 PM
(((HUGS))) Jess. I don't have any BTDT advice (although I'll be a part-time single parent when DD goes to WV for a job, and I'm not looking forward to it).

If you ever want to get away, feel free to come to Pgh to hang out :) We can go to Phipps and see the pretty flowers (it always cheers me up, especially in the winter).

mommyoftwo
01-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I've definitely been thinking about how I need to come see you. I was thinking about it earlier today actually. I have to get my CFS a little more under control first though or I'll fall asleep at the wheel driving there. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

masha12
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
It's hard. I know, my husband went through a 3-month period after baby number 2 was born where work was insane and he worked late (until 10 or 11) every night. It was so bad that one night he came home at 9 and I asked him why he was home so early. He thought I was being sarcastic but I didn't mean it that way. I really thought he had come home early.

There were times (and there still are times) when I feel like I am single mom. I just remind myself that it is far better to feel like a single mom than actually be one (not a slam on single moms, rather a recognition that single moms have a much tougher row to hoe).

You have a light at the end of the tunnel -- the test at the end of the month (although residency is not exactly a low time commitment). But, you do have that. After the exam is done, tell your husband you need a day to yourself free from child care worries. Do something you want, or do nothing at all. Just get out of the house. My husband understand that being home alone all the time with the kids gets to be a lot.

Lovingliv
01-15-2007, 08:31 PM
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but I totally agree it is hard to see at times.
Is there anyone that can come and help you for a while? Is your family close by?
CFS is no joke....you need to take it easy. Maybe you can hire someone to help for a while?
Big hugs Jessica....

saschalicks
01-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Jess,
Hugs I just read this and can't believe that 5 minutes ago I was trying to call you w/out even reading this. I must've felt your need to talk. So sad you didn't answer. Please know that you aren't alone.

mommyoftwo
01-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks. I didn't hear the phone ring. We'll talk today. I tried talking with DH about it yesterday but it didn't go very well.

Puddy73
01-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Hugs! Hope that you are able to get some rest and that you are feeling better soon. Perhaps your DH could take a break from studying one night and take the girls to do something fun so that you could have a little time to yourself? The mental break might be good for him, too.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

tarynsmum
01-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Just let me know! We just sit around the house... playing with blocks... :)

saschalicks
01-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Where are you? I've tried calling...

mommyoftwo
01-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I left my phone in the bedroom and I'm in the family room. Sorry, try calling again. Also, I emailed you.