PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed w/ Gymboree...

denna
01-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Is anyone else disappoinnted w/ Gymboree's Spring Collection? I think it really sucks, for boys clothing! I was really looking forward to the Spring line since I have so many Gym Bucks and now I dont even know if I will use them. This sucks!

dules
01-16-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't know when GB ends (I got off that crack some time ago, lol!) but if you have time you can sell them. Try SWAP or a clothing loop. I sold the last ones I had and send a SASE with them, and the person returned my receipts when she was done. :)

Just a thought, if you like any of the other Spring lines.

I keep trying to like Gymboree again, the sales are so good, but by the time things are on sale I can't make outfits that I like so I usually leave empty handed.

Mary

kijip
01-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Toby used to have a lot of clothes from Gymboree. Now he has hardly anything. Yesterday it was hard to convince myself that the 1 Gymbuck I have (from buying gifts for baby girls at Christmas) was worth spending on anything. Finally I left with underwear, socks and a single sweater. It drives me nuts that nearly everything has a sports or vehicle theme. Sometimes you just want a red shirt or a blue sweater, ya know?

I agree with Mary. Sell the Gymbucks. They usually get $10-15 each IME.

Fairy
01-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Yep, lame, lame, lame. I'm a big Gymboree fan, and this collection, and the last one, too, were just awful. I'm great at getting the clothes when they're on sale and/or using gymbucks, but I have nothing right now, cuz I didn't buy anything LAST time. I love the one-pieces, and there's maybe one or two that are cute, and that's it. Ick.

Now the Gap, on the other hand . . . Not too shabby. http://www.gap.com/browse/subDivision.do?cid=6345.

denna
01-16-2007, 12:50 PM
ITA Hilary I really liked what the Gap had, and also Janie & Jack. Darn them (J&J) why cant they have more sales/promos?

I think I may end up using the gifts on a couple of baby showers (girls) that I have coming up, I liked a couple of the newborn girl things.

And Katie, that is my biggest pet peeve about boy's clothing! I can not stand all of the sports or vehicles! I dont want generic stuff I just want to dress my son like a little person, khakis, t's, basic stuff. MIL buys DS a ton of clothing and *all* of them have sports stuff, even though I have told her a million times no(!) sports/tractors/trucks/vehicles in general. So now they go to children in Africa, friends and other family members. DS has never worn a generic 'boy' outfit and I want to keep it that way :)

lisams
01-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I wasn't too impressed. I did use my gymbucks to get some basic shorts and a few matching tops, but it all seemed kind of blah to me. Hopefully the next lines out will be better.