PDA

View Full Version : Dear dog, if you do it again, you will get kicked

Radosti
01-17-2007, 09:03 AM
off the bed for good that is!!!

It takes me a while to get DS to fall asleep. He co-sleeps with us and we have bed rails installed for when we haven't come to bed yet. I put him to bed at around 8pm, but don't come to bed myself until 11pm or so. Last night, he starts crying at 10pm. I go in there and the friggin dog is digging at the blanket that happens to be under his foot and thus digging at his foot. Why? Oh, because despite the thick polar fleece coats my two italian greyhounds wear indoors, and despite the thermostat being set at 70 degrees, they still insist on sleeping under the covers in our bed. The comforter is made of down by the way. They know how to get under the comforter and do so regularly. So, last night, the baby's foot happened to be resting on an edge of the comforter. This is a king sized bed, so plenty of other opportunities to get under the covers. But oh no!!! No, the darn dog must get under the comforter at the exact spot where the baby's foot is. I walked in, gave Eli (the dog) a look and he promptly got off the bed and went to lay on the dog bed.

I'd kick the dopes out of bed permanently, except the only way to keep them off the bed would be to lock them in their crates at night and they already get crated during the day.

seeks1
01-17-2007, 05:56 PM
The things we let our dogs do. I keep saying DP (dear puppy) is going to get kicked out of our bed if she doesn't stop sleeping with her paw on my forehead.

Okay, so I am all talk. I will just keep moving it away or putting a pillow on top.

I can't believe I let a 55lb dog rule my bed. But like you said she is in a crate all day so at night she has free rein and can totally sneak into bed without waking us.

Nooknookmom
01-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Completely understand - we have two German Shepherds, one of which thinks *I* am the mattress. Has to sleep on top of me all night. When I *ask* her to move over and give me some room, you know on the bed I bought, she just gives me a dirty look! DH by the way sleeps right through this ;)

It's hard enough to sleep with this not being preggo, now-geesh you'd think I'd take my bed back. Nope, I'm a softie, lol!

candybomiller
01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
My miniature schnauzer has his own pillow that he sleeps on in our king sized bed. Pets are so stinking ridiculous but they are so darn cute, aren't they?