PDA

View Full Version : What is that SMELL?! And a preschool b*tch.

dules
01-18-2007, 06:29 PM
The laptop is in the kitchen, on the table by an old sealed up fireplace (brick is still exposed but flue is shut and it's sealed at the top). The past two days there has been a STENCH in the kitchen and I have been looking everywhere for it.

Fridge is clean, garbage out, sinks and countertops bleached, all clean and clear....but this SMELL. It's strongest when you're sitting at the table.

I *think* there must be, somehow, a dead animal in the chimney. GRRRRR.

Next, my preschool complaint. I hate the assistant teacher in DD's room. There, I said it. She's snipy, nasty and snaps at the kids. She's impatient and cranky and when you call her on it, she backs right down.

DD goes 3 days/week, but I pay the 5 day rate of $315/month to have the flexibility to send her an extra day or two if I need the time for work. The teacher said today "See you Tuesday" and I said, Oh, I'm actually sending her in on Monday (the director has told me there's no reason to give notice in advance), to which she replied (loudly) "If you're going to keep doing this you'll have to start paying more money."

WTF? It is $15/more month and I HAVE BEEN PAYING IT! I told her that I'd been paying the extra $$ since DD started; I simply choose not to send her all the time. So she immediately backed down and said "Oh, sorry, they never tell the teachers what parents pay...that's not information we would have had, bla bla bla"

Well, lady, it felt pretty good to announce to all the other parents in the room that I was going to have to START PAYING MORE MONEY but look how fast you back down when I tell you nicely that I have been.

Grump. Bad day.

Mary

Marisa6826
01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I can't remember if you have a food disposal, could that be it?

Otherwise I have the name of a great chimney guy...

What is the DEAL with that teacher's assistant? Have you said anything to the director? GRRRRRRRRRR.

-m

ETA - hey, just a thought. You've seen *both* cats lately, RIGHT? :P

trentsmom
01-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I agree with Marisa. I got as far as the second sentence, and I thought, "Garbage disposal." I hope you're able to find your mystery stench soon!

candybomiller
01-18-2007, 07:59 PM
No clue on the smell, but the preschool sniper is out of line. If it's not information she would have had, she should just keep her mouth shut.

Believe me, I see the irony.

jgriffin
01-18-2007, 10:05 PM
My first thought on the smell was "Gee, E did just poop, but it's not *that* bad, is it?" :) I suspect dead critter in the chimney. We had something small die in our car when I was a kid and the stench was bad (and never went away, unfortunately). Did you pull out all the drawers in the fridge to make sure nothing got behind them and starting going bad?

I do think the teacher is out of line for discussing daycare payment, especially in front of other parents. Isn't that for the director or administration to deal with?

cstack
01-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, the good thing about dead critters in the walls or chimneys, etc, is that eventually the decomp gets to a point where it now longer smells (I guess unless it happens in your car). But I know how much is stinks (literally) when it happens.

As for your assistant preschool teacher, if she snaps that the children, is nasty and impatient and cranky, then I think that she should research a career change. Those are not attributes that go well with working with small children. Next time she's a b*tch, or you find out she's been nasty to a child, I'd be inclined to tell her that she's maybe not cut out to do this particular job. And IMO, I think you should mention this to the director.