PDA

View Full Version : Really bad haircut

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Went in with a pix of Lisa Rinna ( I know you guys think she is a tart but I love her hair). Came out looking like Juliette Lewis in The Other Sister. Very,very bad.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Went in with a pix of Lisa Rinna ( I know you guys think she is a tart but I love her hair). Came out looking like Juliette Lewis in The Other Sister. Very,very bad.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

kelly ann
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Gosh...that stinks. My worst haircut in the last 10 years was when I went in with a Lisa Rinna picture - so you are not the only one that has been duped by Lisa Rinna's hair! Is your hair fine? My hair is very fine with no body and I think her haircut looks better if you have ticker hair (or maybe you just need to put a ton of styling product in your hair).

kelly ann
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Gosh...that stinks. My worst haircut in the last 10 years was when I went in with a Lisa Rinna picture - so you are not the only one that has been duped by Lisa Rinna's hair! Is your hair fine? My hair is very fine with no body and I think her haircut looks better if you have ticker hair (or maybe you just need to put a ton of styling product in your hair).

jgiovagn
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
>>Came out looking like Juliette Lewis in The Other Sister.

LOL - so are you going to share a photo? Come on, how bad could it be...?

Jean

jgiovagn
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
>>Came out looking like Juliette Lewis in The Other Sister.

LOL - so are you going to share a photo? Come on, how bad could it be...?

Jean

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Yep, fine hair, what did you do?

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Yep, fine hair, what did you do?

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

kelly ann
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Grew it out and went back to a long layered bob. I have found that if my hair is too long then just gets weighed down and when it is too short it has no volume...the woes of having fine hair. I have to get just the right length.

In the meantime, I would look for some really good volumizing spray. Bumble and Bumble makes a good one. Right now I am using a volumizing tonic from Aveda that I like. Also, sometimes "hair wax" can make fine hair look like it has more definition and give you more control if it is flyaway.

Another thing that has worked for me...I take old photos of myself in to the hairdresser. I have brought in a 7 year old photo before - I am not sure if it is really the 7 year old haircut that I like or the youthful well-rested look I had before kids :)

kelly ann
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Grew it out and went back to a long layered bob. I have found that if my hair is too long then just gets weighed down and when it is too short it has no volume...the woes of having fine hair. I have to get just the right length.

In the meantime, I would look for some really good volumizing spray. Bumble and Bumble makes a good one. Right now I am using a volumizing tonic from Aveda that I like. Also, sometimes "hair wax" can make fine hair look like it has more definition and give you more control if it is flyaway.

Another thing that has worked for me...I take old photos of myself in to the hairdresser. I have brought in a 7 year old photo before - I am not sure if it is really the 7 year old haircut that I like or the youthful well-rested look I had before kids :)

madelinesmom
01-21-2007, 10:55 PM
I agree... we need to see a photo for the full affect... You also might try Judge Judy, I have seen some litigation about bad haircuts...

BTW is this your regular person, tell me you didn't try someone in the mall???
Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

DebbieJ
01-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh no!

DH got a bad color job yesterday. Trying to cover his grey. LOL!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

VClute
01-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Your post made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!! (Not LOL, polite cypertalk...)

Maybe you could just gather up some of the clippings and duct tape them back on... :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks all for making me feel a little better. I had severe hair loss after Kate and the regrowth is horrendous. Think a shoulder length bob with George Clooney cut underneath all around my hairline. I went to a very experienced guy and it did look cute when I left. I think that the more grey I get the more the texture of my hair changes and now that I have all these layers it looks a little wirey. no pictures, no way!!

PS Love you too, Amy!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

MartiesMom2B
01-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I wonder if you use a round brush while drying it if it'll look better. When I had short hair the best hair product that I had was Bedhead's manipulator. That would help my hair get the texture and hold that I needed.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie
& Li'l Girl Bunny to come Feb. 2007
http://bd.lilypie.com/Kchhm4/.png (http://lilypie.com)

ellies mom
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Arghh!!! The grey hairs! They are the bane of my existance. If I'm not touching up the roots, I'm shelling out money to get them covered or beating them into submission with a flat iron.

I got a really bad haircut right after Christmas but luckily I was able to get it fixed a week later. That is what I get for being impatien. At least my regular person was able to fix it.

Hopefully you will be able to figure something out that you like. Bad haircuts suck.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
I have tried three sizes of round brushes, straightening iron, curling iron and one heated curling brush. Today I spent 30 bucks on Jonathan Dirt, if that does not work I will try the Bedhead. If tht does not work i will shave my head, then I will post a picture.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

madelinesmom
01-22-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't know if you watch Top Chef, but one of the chicks on that show shaved her head and it looked pretty cool...;-)

Jane

Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

overcome
01-22-2007, 08:35 PM
I feel your pain regarding the hair loss post-baby. It was/is making me CRAZY. I'm finally at a point where I can put my hair up without shoots of hair sticking out all around my hairline. Just another thing I had no clue about when it came to having a baby...

Hang in there. You probably think it looks worse than it actually does.

Good luck!!

mommy111
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Yea for shaved heads, I've always wanted to shave mine but never had the courage! If you have the courage to do it, GO SUSAN!!!

MichelleRC
01-23-2007, 04:25 PM
LMAO at the Juliette Lewis reference.

BTW, I love Bumble & Bumble Sumo Wax. I use that or the Bedhead on my short piecy, sticky-up hair.

Hang in there, it will grow!!

BargainMomforLuke
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
LOL!!! Here's one for you...

Try having the post-baby hair-loss and then cinging (I know that can't be spelled right) off almost your entire front hairline, eyebrows, & half of your lashes in a grill accident.

Who's a pretty girl?

The accident utterly depressed my hairdresser! At least it's growing back now & is starting to look pretty normal!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
OK, you have made me feel better! Thank you!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

dules
01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Picture, please? :)

ETA my worst was in NYC, I went to a nice salon that had a special, $20 haircuts if you let the students do it, one night a month. So I had an appt, I went, got this student who spoke NO English.

My hair is very short, straight, kind of boy-cut. She was working on my bangs when someone she knew walked in the door. While cutting, she turned and spoke to him.

You guessed it, a big old BALD spot, right in the middle of my bangs. I freaked out and walked out, went back the next day to have one of the "real" stylists "fix" it but ya can't put hair where there is none, KWIM? ;)

Mary