PDA

View Full Version : bed rest & carpal tunnel grumps

npace19147
02-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Still on bed rest and am feeling really depressed. Nothing to do with the baby, as far as I know everything is fine there. But I am just down. My wrists are killing me with the flare up of my carpal tunnel, which makes it hard to be on the computer and to knit, which were the two things keeping me sane and entertained on bed rest. I feel short of breath all the time, my indigestion/heartburn/reflux whatever you call it is back from all this lying down.

And they're @@#$%%%^ pledging on the NPR station I like to listen to during the day. Hate that so much.

And now I feel guilty b/c I was short and grumpy with DH this morning, even though he's been fabulous, and DD was whiny and grouchy, so we're just all a mess.

I hate seeing my family like this, and feeling in this much pain! It's ironic, with all the scare over the baby and being on bed rest, this is the first thing that's really hurt.

OK, have to get off the computer now, not doing good things for my carpal tunnel...

lmintzer
02-02-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry, Nancy! Not what you needed! You are doing a WONDERFUL job getting through this. A little grumpiness is totally within reason, given what you've gone through. DH and DD will forgive you. They will be okay.

Big hugs to you, and congrats--you're almost to that 28 week mark! : )

maestramommy
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Hugs Nancy. From observation, bed rest is always a bummer, and it is hard on your little one. Thankfully these things come to an end eventually. I have carpal tunnel in one hand and it's already a PITA. And Aaarrrrrghhhh! My local NPR channel is doing their pledge drive as well (could we be listening to the same station?), which drives me nuts. Luckily I have another local channel I can change to during these times of the year.

I dont' know if anyone has recommended this, but my sis suggested putting a tbsp of apple cider vinegar in my drinking water. I put it in a liter Nalgene bottle. I was skeptical at first, but that is magical stuff! Really took the load off the heartburn and gas. It makes the water go down easier too, since i have to drink so much. I got the Bragg brand from Whole Foods. Not bad at all!