PDA

View Full Version : Gasp! DH ordered the wrong Girl Scout cookies!!!

Jenn98
02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Holy Moly I almost passed out at the dinner table when he casually mentioned he ordered GS cookies and then told me which kind he ordered. He said he tried calling me when he was going to order them from his coworker but since I didn't answer the phone he "just guessed." Um, first of all, I didn't answer the phone cause I'm home alone with an 18 month old and a newborn! And second, he guessed wrong! He got peanut butter and chocolate cookies and mint cookies (this is where I'm going to lose some sympathy) but I don't like peanut butter, chocolate or mint cookies! Oh the horror I felt! And it's too late to change the order. I want my Girl Scout shortbread cookies!

scoop22
02-08-2007, 07:31 PM
you sound like me.. i have certain things i like. i always think dh should know. we order these every year. it sounds like you better find another girl scout and order just for you. i wouldn't share. he he he i hope it all works out
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

madelinesmom
02-08-2007, 09:52 PM
He is EVIL... Doesn't he know that they only sell them once a year... DUH!!!!!!! I personally buy a case of the caramel with chocolate and coconut. I freeze them and get out 1 box a week, I love my girls scout cookies...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

elizabethkott
02-08-2007, 10:42 PM
If it weren't for my sympathy for your situation, I would have to lynch you for the thin mint cookie hate. But more for me, right? :)

Seriously, though. This is grounds for divorce. There are few things in this world that are sacred. Girl Scout Cookies are one of those things.

I say withhold sex until next cookie season. That'll teach him. He'll never forget shortbread again.

robinsonbn
02-09-2007, 12:53 AM
AWE! But thankyou it is cookie season yay!!!! If you can't get any shortbreads, my DH always orders to many of those and not enough Tagalongs....we could swap :)

seeks1
02-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Call you local GS troop and ask if they ordered extra. I always see them selling them at Grocery stores etc!

That stinks! We ordered 11 boxes! DH needed his and I needed mine! Oink Oink Oink

Drag0nflygirl
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Boys are dumb.

Nancy

tarynsmum
02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh No He Didn't!!!

Seriously, that would be grounds for divorce in my household, and it goes both ways. DH was SOOOOOO upset last year when I didn't get any orders - um, I had a newborn. I had WAY more important things to think about (like fiding this board, lol) than buying cookies.

BTW, I don't know about where you live, but after the cookies are delivered (March?), there are always troops set up around grocery stores/Wal-mart selling boxes. that's how we got ours last year (i.e. why I am still married to my wonderful, cookie-loving husband).

And I love the trefoils (and HATE thin mints) too. Don't worry, no tomatoes.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-09-2007, 07:35 PM
it's girl scout cookie season? du-oh!! We didn't order any. Rats. Hope we still can.

"Are they made from real girl scouts?" Wednesday Adams.

randomkid
02-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I'll take your Thin Mints!! Those are my favorite :9 DH got some at the grocery store last night and I think I ate about 8 of them (I swear I could eat a whole box) - oops! Those Scouts were out everywhere this weekend with their cookies - the grocery store, produce market, etc. We didn't order either, but we always seem to find plenty outside the grocery store. Check there for your favs, but go early because they run out.

StantonHyde
02-13-2007, 09:22 PM
My DH came home with a box of thin mints from the booth in front of the grocery store. He already had the box open and he was saying "It's crack, they're just little crack dealers!" :-)

thin mints with milk for breakfast--a whole other zone of amazing.