PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the discovery of a new species: The Clingosauros

ShanaMama
02-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Yup, that's my new name for DD. She wants to be held, held & held. Hello, I love holding you & snuggling with you, but my back is killing. Sometimes I actually have to get something done.
Oh, & can I please eat just one meal in peace, without a little visitor on my lap?

StantonHyde
02-13-2007, 09:13 PM
It must be the age--we have one of those at our house!!

cilantromapuche
02-14-2007, 07:13 AM
I think I would prefer the Clingosaurus to Grumpasaurus Rex. DS is (constantly) vocalizing his displeasure: "I am not happy!", "I am disappointed!" and "I am frustrated!"

dules
02-14-2007, 09:02 AM
We went through this at that age and rediscovered slings and Mei tai baby carriers. Aaah, back savers.

And yes, grumposaurus rex is at our house now. The latest? When I tell her it's time for bed she says "Mommy, you are hurting my feelings with those words!" (slaps head)

Mary

katiesmommy
02-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Yup, that one's at my house too.

elizabethkott
02-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Ah, any relation to the Poopsalotapus? Because he's in my neighborhood today... species characteristics - as soon as a peepee diaper is removed, the new diaper magically becomes a poopy diaper!
And repeat.
Ad infinitum.

ShanaMama
02-14-2007, 02:58 PM
>>When I tell her it's time for bed she says "Mommy, you are hurting my feelings with those words!" (slaps head)

ROFL!!
Thanks for the sympathy everone! Right now, DD is 'learning' how to type.

Bean606
02-14-2007, 04:35 PM
LOL - Apparently, the Clingosauros and Nosleeporaptor have mated, stolen my DS, and left their spawn here instead.

MarisaSF
02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Awww... it's a cute stage. Enjoy the cute parts of it! :)

Just wait until she discovers the real dinosaur names. The Clingosaurus sounds better than the Pachycephalosaurus, which has a hard, bony head and likes to bump skulls with mine. Grrrr.... ;)

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-16-2007, 02:30 AM
While we were getting dinner together tonight I mentioned to dh that they'd discovered a new dinosour. He was very interested(I really had him going on this one).Clingasorous he actually thought was a new dino. then I told him about poopsalotapus,then he realized he'd been punk'd. hahaha. Add in grumpasorous and it was a riot. though you'd get a giggle.
jen

Fairy
02-16-2007, 10:37 PM
May I add that sometimes, I need to go to the bathroom by myself. Ya know, if that would be ok?

StantonHyde
02-17-2007, 01:51 PM
One day DH was changing DS when he was about 3. DH came back into the room and said "For future reference, he is NOT a Poopasaurus." :-)

ShanaMama
02-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Glad your DH appreciated it, b/c neither my DH nor any of my family members thought it was the least bit cute or funny.
I guess that can be my next b#$#$- ya know when you're all proud of yourself for a good joke or funny line. And then no one else cracks a smile? Annoying!