PDA

View Full Version : For the love of God!!! Cats!!!

Radosti
02-16-2007, 09:21 PM
A little preface. My cats all live in harmony, love each other and all that jazz. There is always snuggling and cuddling going on among the three of them.

Aaron still sleeps in bed with us. However, in daycare, he sleeps in a small crib. The teachers rock the crib on it's wheels to get him to fall asleep. Aaron has a very nice crib from Baby's Dream that he has slept in maybe 3-4 times. Can't rock it. It has wheels, but it's heavy. So, I was looking on Craigslist and a lady was selling a mini-crib with gliding motion for $75. I searched the web and found a company selling them on Ebay for $130 + $60 shipping. So, we went and bought that crib from the lady. I placed thick memory foam on top of it's mattress and covered that with blankets and a crib sheet. I put him in it tonight and rocked him. After a bunch of crying, SUCCESS!!! He fell asleep. I went to go to the bathroom and was coming back when I heard very mad cat screeching.

That's right, the boys got in a fight right next to Aaron's crib. I reprimanded Mr. Kitty and was about to reprimand Ari when I saw that they had woken up Aaron already. He started crying again. I went back to rocking him. At this point, Emma decided that it wasn't fair that her dear Mr. Kitty (surrogate daddy) got reprimanded and Ari didn't. So, she goes after Ari, right there, next to the crib. Luckily, she was silent about it and Ari just takes her abuse (rarely doled out) since she is the queen bee.

But why?!?!?! Why would they pick tonight to get in a fight on the night that I'm attempting crib sleeping? It took me another 20 minutes to get Aaron to sleep again.

trentsmom
02-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I can't believe your cats picked right beside your DS to start a fight! I'm glad Aaron was finally able to go back to sleep.

Sometimes cats pick the worst time to make the most noise. One of my cats likes to start making all kinds of racket about 10 minutes after I go to bed - just as I'm falling asleep. Thankfully DS has a humidifier going in his room so he can't hear it. But I'm always thinking, "Don't you dare wake him up!"

Radosti
02-18-2007, 08:31 AM
We have a white noise machine going right by his head, but when they decide to fight right there, nothing will help. They haven't fought since. Are back to being all lovey dovey with each other. Oy...