PDA

View Full Version : I have no self control

Lynnie
02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I am so mad at myself. I just ate the six oreo cookies that I had forgotten were shoved in my desk, as well as some valentine candy.

I had wanted to start a healthy eating run to lose some weight, and instead I am just wolfing everything down.

So much for the hard boiled eggs for breakfast and grilled chicken salad for lunch. sigh.

elizabethkott
02-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Don't stress out about it! Just keep at it... believe me, I know how hard this is! :)
Something that's been working for me is I write down what I'm going to eat *before* I eat it. Just that act of writing it down and looking at it in front of me is sometimes enough for me to rethink if I really want to eat it or not.
Of course, I really did want to eat the cadbury mini eggs last night. But I was good (sort of) and only had the serving size of 12 eggs, as opposed to the entire jumbo bag like I wanted to have! :)

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh no....you reminded me Cadbury eggs are out... I was at Target and blissfully didn't see them. Now I know they are there. I am in trouble... ;)

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Don't feel so bad! When I do that (which I do more often than I like to admit) I remind myself that at least I ate healthy foods and it could have been soooo much worse. If you had a huge breakfast and then fast food for lunch the day would have been much worse. You are doing much better than you think you are!

Hang in there. We all have little slip ups!
<HUGS>

ellies mom
02-21-2007, 09:18 PM
OK, first of all big hugs!!

Second of all, the six oreos and Valentine's candy do not negate the healthy breakfast and lunch you had.

Third of all, so you messed up. Big Deal. Get back on track and do better at dinner. It is OK to splurge on occasion. Just consider this your splurge. You cannot live on denial and deprivation. It is unrealistic. As long as you do not give up entirely over six oreos, in the long run, it really doesn't matter. It only matters if you toss in the towel and buy a bag of double stuffed oreos on the way home.

LarsMal
02-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Don't worry, you're not alone! I decided today that I would make a big salad and keep it in the fridge to eat over the next few days. I figure if I have it in there and ready I'm more likely to eat that over something unhealthy. Well, I had peeled to many carrots, so I ate one of the leftover carrot sticks and then chased it with a piece of chocolate cake- OOPS!!!

Good luck getting back on track- I'm right there with you!

robinsonbn
02-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Awe no worries, you are entitled to a good binge before dieting :).

elizabethkott
02-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I kind of have a mini egg problem. I think I may have to regulate the mini eggs to Monday nights when "24" is on...
It doesn't help that DH is addicted to them also and keeps finding where I hide them and breaks them out after dinner. I need some better hiding places. :)
I'm so addicted to them that I have actually had the thought of buying up a bunch of bags of them and freezing them to get me through the rest of the year - how sad is that?!
Sad.. or smart... :)
It is somewhat sobering to realize that 12 mini eggs is 4 ww points.
But they are totally worth it, imo!

nbs2
02-22-2007, 11:26 AM
six oreos? don't worry about it. maybe sixty, but not six.

scoop22
02-22-2007, 12:57 PM
i do the same thing.. i eat it then i think why did i do that. i am a sucker for m & m's. i am just refusing to buy them now. and somone posted about cadberry eggs. yummy.. when i was pg. i ate one and that is when i felt ds kick.. i will always love them. i was at sams the other day and they sell bags of the peanut butter eggs. i love food. but i am in the same boat i can't stop...

my theory is ( i know this is wrong...) i know i will eat six oreo's i might as well eat them all at once. instead of a few here and a few there..

i hope you feel better!!!
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png