PDA

View Full Version : I can't admit this to anyone in my real life ....

deenass
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
SO - everyone (and their mother, including 3 of my midwives) have suggested sex as a way to get this baby to hurry up and get here -

So this morning we tried it - so for the last 8 hours I have had intermittant contractions, and nothing approaching a pattern of any sort. For those following my "early labor saga, I have had intermittant contractions for the last 3 weeks, though miraculously they ahd stopped a few days ago and I could actually get through the day - but here I am again with these damn contractions.

Freakin' labor SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait until tonight when I can take my Ambien and drift off to sleep!

MegND95
03-08-2007, 03:18 PM
You have all my sympathy! I was you three years ago...those last few weeks are just miserable. In my case the sex and contractions did help me dilate to 4cm's before labor started!

Good luck and hope things speed up for you!

kozachka
03-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Hugs. While I did not have contractions like you have been having, the last 2-3 weeks of my pregnancy my hips really hurt. It sucked big time and nobody could relate. I must have been going through early stage labor as by the time I arrived to the hospital I was 4 cm dilated and was able to go to almost 9 cm without pain relief.

Hang in there, the end of this pregnancy is really close :). Soon you'll be holding your darling baby.

Lynnie
03-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I second (ok, probably twentieth) the advice.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

also, someone here recommended eggplant parmagianna....

oh, and you could try the pressure points in your ankles. my prenatal massage therapist tried that. you could probably look it up on the internet and make dh give you a foot rub.