PDA

View Full Version : She ate poop.

Jenn98
03-09-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm home alone tonight. So, I guess that means it's the perfect time to poop in the tub. But not just a little log of toddler poop - a huge pile of mushy poo that instantly dispersed throughout the entire tub. It all happened so fast. I had DD#2 in the bouncy seat next to me, I heard DD#1 gagging and I looked up to see her trying to get it out of her mouth. It took me a second to register what the hell was going on. I grabbed her out of the tub and tried to wipe her mouth with the rag. I then raced to the phone with a naked, wet, poopy toddler in my arms to beg my MIL to come help watch DD#2 so I could disinfect DD#1. But she was out. She NEVER goes out. So, I left DD#2 in the bouncy seat in the bathroom, took DD#1 to the master bath, stripped down and hopped in the shower with her. I soaped her from head to toe. But what the hell do I do with allllllll that mushy poo in the tub? And how do I disinfect her toys? I think I'm just gonna drain it, rinse it as best as I can and fill it up with HOT water and add a lot of bleach. Or I could just pull the shower curtain and pretend it's not there...

Marisa6826
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Blech! I would definitely do the bleach routine.

Can you put all her toys in a pillowcase and throw them in the washing machine on super hot?

Sorry, Girlie, that just sucks! :(

hugs

-m

bubbaray
03-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Toys in the dishwasher, top rack, no dry cycle (and obviously, no dishes in there -- ewwww).

Rinse the tub/chunks. Clean with your usual cleaner.

At least DD#2 wasn't in the tub with her sister. Or DD#1 wasn't feeding poop to DD#2. Yup, I've heard some nasty stories.

Oh yeah, step three. LARGE glass of wine.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

mommyoftwo
03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Ditto all of this advice. Sadly (minus the poop eating part) this has happened to us quite a few times. I use toilet paper to pick up as much of the chunks as I can. Then I rinse the tub down really well so there's no poop left in it. Then I disinfect it with our regular cleaner.

>
>Oh yeah, step three. LARGE glass of wine.
>

I like that idea, lol. I'll have to do that next time.

JenniferMC1971
03-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Ditto again to all the above posts. DD pooped in the tub last night also....again. But I forgot to do step three, he he.

-Jennifer

elizabethkott
03-13-2007, 08:03 AM
I think it's okay to do step three as needed.
Regardless of poop.
Just thinking about your traumatic experience is enough to warrent step 3, as far as I'm concerned.
Is 10am too early for step 3?
What if I throw in some fruit and call it sangria?
(I'm already having a "day"... can you tell?)
:)

mommyoftwo
03-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Ironically, shortly after I posted my response, I was giving the girls a bath together and Linnea pooped in the tub a nice mushy poop. SSSSOOOOOOOOO gross! Sadly I forgot about step 3. I could have really used it. It was a bad day all around.