PDA

View Full Version : I HATE scary movie trailers on TV

trumansmom
03-10-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't like scary movies. I would never go to scary movies. I don't want to see the stinking trailers. It seems every night I'm being inundated by all kinds of scary stuff and I don't like it.

My little vent.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

s7714
03-10-2007, 12:29 AM
ITA. My DH thinks I don't like the trailers just because our DDs might be watching, but I really don't want to see that stuff either! I almost wish the commercials had ratings like the shows so you could block them out.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2007, 09:12 AM
ITA. And that one with those puppets really freaks me out. Until that movie comes out (did it on Friday? they should stop running ads for it soon then) I either pause our Tivo before I go to the kitchen so ds doesn't see the commercial or we just don't watch anything after 7pm when ds is around. I am most worried about ds seeing them but they scare me too. When I was in jr. high I could handle the Freddy and Jason movies but not anymore. I don't want to be scared like that anymore. Plus, these movies now look so much scarier and more intense.

Beth

Sillygirl
03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
It seems to be particularly terrible on the SciFi channel. I just want to watch Battlestar Galactica! Not ads for the unrated version of Saw III, which seems to be no more than a snuff film. I hate that a whole movie of torture and pain is considered entertainment. At least the Romans were upfront about their bloodlust.

tarabenet
03-10-2007, 03:32 PM
SOOOOO with you! I hate it. And the place I see it most is during my late-evening relax-before-sleep fix! I just want to watch Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and laugh a tht silliness of the world, but every commercial break, I know I'm going to have to put up with the scariest movie ads. I wouldn't think that those viewers would be the target audience for the scary-movie garbage.

trumansmom
03-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Yup. That's where I'm seeing them. It makes me nuts.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

deborah_r
03-11-2007, 01:13 AM
I am with you 100%. Hate scary movies.

As scary as I can go is like Silence of the Lambs, and that kind will still freak me out for days.

katiesmommy
03-11-2007, 12:40 PM
ITA too. I hate scary movies and would never go to see them. And it seems like they are playing these movies trailers all day long now as well. They need to change them to only be played after 10pm or something. I really don't want DD seeing that.

writermama
03-16-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm with you. It seems like the ads are more explicit than they used to be, certainly more explicit than anything I care to see.

It really bugs me that I choose what I want to watch and would never choose to watch one of those movies -- especially this new trend of cheap, sadistic, gory torture flicks -- but I'm still bombarded with images from them when I'm trying to watch something I do want to see.

The only commercial channel that I will watch with the kids around is food tv ... and it's getting to the point where it's the only one I feel is safe for me to watch, too.