PDA

View Full Version : I think this whine is a merlot-do people on craigslist have no manners?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
someone was selling a swingset for 25 dollars. Is it so hard to email the people who were interested and tell them that it's sold. I mean,does it take that long. IT's juST a courtesy thing i guess. I was so hopeful since I responded within the first day but i just looked and it's off the list which means it's sold. I gave them our phone number and both email addresses. just a little gripe

jgriffin
03-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Often when I put something up on CL I get tons of responses (like on the order of 20+), and yes, it *can* take a long time to email each person saying it's sold. Also, until the stuff is actually out of my house, I don't consider it taken, so I keep everyone's email around as a waiting list. It is somewhat time consuming several days later to find everyone's emails and reply to them.

I personally get irritated when I make a post on Freecycle saying something has been taken, and keep getting emails about it.

I understand your frustration, though. I'll try to do better myself. :)

DrSally
03-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I email everybody telling them something is taken and everyone seems very appreciative. I just have a stock response, something like, there was a lot of interest, sorry it sold fast, and just do a quick cut and paste on every email I get.

C99
03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes, it takes a long time to e-mail everyone and say that something is sold. I have done it sometimes, but it's such a PITB. Hitting the delete key is much easier.