PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with online flowers (FromYouFlowers.com & ProFlowers)

spunkybaby
03-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Just need to vent here and warn people to stay away from FromYouFlowers.com when ordering online. My DH's grandmother passed away on Saturday, and I tried to send flowers to my MIL on the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast, so by the time we heard the news around 11 am PST, the local florists I called in her town were already closed.

I found FromYouFlowers.com through ebates and was happy because, unlike other online flower Web sites that I checked, From You Flowers offered delivery for Sunday to my MIL's zip code. I even paid the expedited delivery fee to ensure that the flowers would be there by 11 am on Sunday.

Sunday morning I receive a call from From You Flowers saying that all local florists are closed in MIL's area, so they can't deliver until Monday. I am upset and tell them that they should fix their Web site so that they don't guarantee delivery unless they have local florists available. They apologize, refund my service fee (including the expedited delivery fee), and assure me that the flowers will arrive by 11 am on Monday.

Today I called From You Flowers multiple times asking to confirm delivery. Each time the rep tried to call the local florist, she couldn't reach anyone. One rep gave me a slight refund ($10) since they had been unable to confirm delivery all day. The reps kept asking if I could just call my MIL to find out if the flowers had been delivered. MIL and I do not have the best relationship, to put it mildly, and I was not about to alert her that flowers might be coming if they weren't actually there. That would just get me in trouble.

Finally, I just called at 5 pm PST and learned that there's a note on my account that the flowers were "out for delivery" at 1:55 pm. I complained that the flowers were obviously not expedited and was referred to a supervisor.

The supervisor looked into my order and said that they had a hard time locating a local florists with the right flowers for my order and finally found someone at 10:30 am. She said she could not confirm the exact delivery time but would check tomorrow (Tuesday) and call me back. She would not give me any additional compensation when I pointed out that there was no way the delivery was expedited, saying that I had already received a refund of my service fee and the additional $10. I said that the service fee refund was for not being able to fulfill their promise to deliver on Sunday and that the extra $10 was for not being able to contact the florist to confirm delivery, but that there should be additional compensation for not meeting the 11 am expedited delivery time.

She refused, saying they had done the best they could (never mind that their web site guarantees delivery, etc.). So I told her that I was very unhappy with my experience and would be sharing it with all my friends and advising them to stay away from From You Flowers, which apparently, is part of the Teleflora network. They also take care of next-day and same-day deliveries for ProFlowers (one time they answered the phone as "ProFlowers"), so beware when ordering online from ProFlowers that you may not be able to get same-day or next-day delivery as advertised!

Mom to a spunky toddler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)

MamaMolly
03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Hugs to your DH about your Grandma. You tried to do the right thing. Hugs to you, too!

spunkybaby
03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the hugs! I really appreciate your response. The good news is that MIL did receive the flowers, albeit later than I had hoped (confirmed delivery time ended up being 2:45 pm), and she was pleased that we had sent them. :) So I am feeling better about the whole situation, although I'm still planning to stay far away from From You Flowers in the future.

Mom to a spunky toddler (3/04) and a new spunky Christmas baby (12/06)

kozachka
03-16-2007, 03:16 AM
I am sorry you had such a bad experience with From You Flowers. This time must be stressful enough for your family, especially since you are not on the best of terms with MIL. Hugs.

At the same time I wanted to mention that we've been ordering flowers from ProFlowers for many-many years (about 7) and have been perfectly happy with their service. I do not recall them offering a Sunday delivery option and I prefer to have things delivered on regular days when I don't have to pay extra for the delivery so that might have something to do with it.