PDA

View Full Version : Why does everything happen all at once? (aka bad timing sucks)

tylersmama
03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
DH is out of town. Again.

DS has been very fussy the past few days. He won't eat foods he normally loves and won't go to sleep without screaming (which is very unusual for him).

My dad is staying with us. I love him, but he's incredibly annoying. I feel guilty that I'm so relieved that he's staying at a hotel until Sunday, when he'll be back with us until he leaves Tuesday afternoon.

And the kicker...our incredibly sweet and very shy dog bit another dog at daycare yesterday. It was a minor bite that they didn't discover until they got the other dog home. We have an incredible woman who does in-home daycare and boarding. She can't have our dog back until he goes through behavior modification training (she's actually making an exception that she's willing to take him back since she usually won't once they bite another dog). Oh, and I'm flying to Ohio next week to meet my new niece and visit family, and Baxter was supposed to be with her for a week. Now I need to find someplace else that will take him or cancel my trip. And the dog trainer that I called this morning hasn't returned my call yet.

I want to open a bottle of wine and relax, but I already have a headache and that would probably just make it worse. :(

JTsMom
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
((Hugs))

Not that this helps, but my DS would get kind of crazy any time Daddy was out of town too. That might explain that phenomenon.

Hang in there!

newnana
03-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Hugs, Momma! Not to add another to-do to your list, but you might get DS checked for an ear infection. Depends on the whole story, but if he's okay vertical, but laying him down sends him screaming, it might be that his ears hurt. Lying down makes the pain pretty bad. And since the space back there is so tight with little ones, it might be affecting his nose, so stuff tastes funny.

Could be just that DH is gone, but it's worth looking into. If nothing else was going on, that would be my first thought.

Good luck, hang in there!
Michelle

tylersmama
03-16-2007, 08:54 AM
I hadn't even thought of an ear infection. I don't really think that's it, but I will definitely keep an eye on him. He starts crying as soon as I start to lower him into his crib, before he even gets horizontal. The last time his appetite was like this, he got two teeth in three days, so I'm wondering if it's teething. It shouldn't be anything to do with DH being gone since DH is gone just about every week (a whole other bitch).

Just to make things even better, DH is in New York, where they are getting a major winter storm. His flight home tonight is already cancelled and they have him on one tomorrow. Meanwhile, BIL is flying in tonight for a ski weekend and it's too late to cancel DS's reservation for daycare at the mountain tomorrow without losing $100. Maybe BIL and I will just have to go with or without DH. I need the fun!