PDA

View Full Version : I am ON LEAVE.

elizabethkott
03-16-2007, 06:56 AM
That means I really don't want to get work-related emails about things that are just going to piss me off that I can't do anything about.
Department head (background: used to be close friends, I suggested she apply for the position last year, she got it and has been weird this entire school year - distant, power-trippy, etc) emails me that the District Chair doesn't have enough money for a bus to send my Acting class to the Shakespeare competition I have taken them to for the past 5 years - this year under the direction of my leave replacement - so the money for the bus is going to come out of the extra-curricular Drama Production account. Sorry.
Literally a one line email. And that Drama account isn't supposed to be accessible by anyone but me and the other drama director. And I KNOW the district chair has the money for a bus! And why is money for a curricular activity being paid for out of an extra-curricular account?!
So now my Drama account is down $800 for next year's production. GRRRRRR.
I know this b*tch probably doesn't make any sense to anyone but me, but I had to get it out there and off my chest.

Lynnie
03-16-2007, 07:49 AM
I would be mad too.

(a) because it seems they are taking advantage of you being gone to manipulate the funding so the $$ doesn't come from where it normally does, and

(b) because they are telling you when you are on leave and not supposed to be dealing with work.

So now you probably want to call and raise he**, but you are on leave and need to just chill and not worry about work related stuff.

Breathe. (And kick some drama money stealing @ss when you go back.)

maestramommy
03-16-2007, 01:18 PM
No, I totally understand. Those budget lines are there for a REASON, and can only be played with by the people who are in charge of it! Of course they're doing this while you're gone, knowing there's not a d*mn thing you can do about it because you're one leave, but of course they have to tell you now just to rub it in. GRRRRR!

cstack
03-17-2007, 08:41 AM
ITA that they're doing this now because they "think" you can't do anything about it. Leave or not, I'd call my union rep (if you're a unionized school - if not, the district chair) and tell them that the money in that account if for extracurricular activities and the trip is curricular and has been in the budger for years and you want to know why this was done.