PDA

View Full Version : soggy undercooked bacon

Lynnie
03-16-2007, 07:54 AM
silly btch, but:

i love my bacon egg and cheese wraps, but I HATE it when the bacon inside isn't really cooked all the way. then i have to pick thru the wrap, pull out the bacon, tear off the soggy part, and shove it back in.

Does anyone really look bacon that isn't cooked until it is at least a little crispy all the way through ??

(that is a real question, if so, I will have to retract my btch i guess)

phew. nice to have a REALLY petty btch !

elizabethkott
03-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Amen, sister.
I'm a crispy-bacon girl too.
There's just no excuse for flaccid bacon.

trumansmom
03-16-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm with you. I hate floppy bacon. x(

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Lynnie
03-16-2007, 08:29 AM
ok, that term is cracking me up.

why can i see beavis and butthead making jokes about flaccid bacon ?? (and i hated b&b when it was on way back when)

yes, i apparently have the sense of humor of an adolescent boy.

egoldber
03-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Um....tentatively raises hand....

I would prefer flaccid bacon to crispy bacon anyday. But I also like my eggs "raw" (according to DH).

s_gosney
03-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I can handle a little bit of floppy bacon, but undercooked eggs I do not like. I don't even buying breakfast wraps out for that reason. To each her own. :)

egoldber
03-16-2007, 09:46 AM
But they're not undercooked. They are cooked perfectly. ;)

muskiesusan
03-16-2007, 11:18 AM
DH and I rarely fight, but bacon does it every time. I like mine crispy, he prefers soggy. This, IMO, is a major flaw to an otherwise perfect man.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

elizabethkott
03-16-2007, 12:32 PM
"Heh-heh. Flaccid. Heh-heh"
"Yeah. Heh-heh. Bacon. Heh-heh."
"Yeah. Heh-heh. Heh-heh."
"Heh-heh."

trumansmom
03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I knew it!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

jgriffin
03-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I like my bacon, um, flacid. Well, maybe I don't now. :) I will eat crispy bacon, but for me it's a fine line between acceptably crispy and burnt.

I also like my eggs wet. Unlike my cousins, who like their eggs "like hard rubber erasers" (their quote). Blech!

Marisa6826
03-16-2007, 05:25 PM
LOL. I HATE HATE HATE crispy bacon.

I need to have my bacon chewy :)

I also don't like the cheapo ultra salty bacon (remember Oscar Meyer growing up? Icky!). Love me my applewood smoked thick cut bacon.

Yum yum yum!!!

(did I mention that in my world, bacon is its own food group?) :P

-m

ETA - I prefer my eggs well done. Watery eggs ick me out.

kijip
03-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I think you have a right to each your burrito anyway you like :)!

Bacon is bacon for me. Each variety has its time and place. I love bacon. Yummm. We don't have it very often and I think this post might inspire me to defrost some :P

As for eggs (since it was mentioned) I like to eat them what my family calls "burned". I take their eggs out of the pan a good 2-4 minutes before mine.

s7714
03-16-2007, 10:53 PM
LOL! I'm another crispy bacon fan here. I will eat soggy bacon if it's the only thing available...but only after separating the meat from the fat. I can't stand eating the soggy fat! ;)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

madelinesmom
03-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I like crispy - DH - the soggier (is this a word???) the better... so when I cook it I use a griddle $20 from Wal-Mart, we usually do an entire breakfast meal on Sunday night.

First I make the bacon and put it in the oven to stay warm, then the pancakes, usually blueberry, then finally the egggs. I prefer scrambled and I do them first then I do two over easy for DH. At the same time the toast is in the toaster. Wow I am hungry and it is only Saturday...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

gatorsmom
03-17-2007, 03:17 PM
That totally reminded me of something my mom used to do when she was still alive. Occasionally if she didn't know what to make for dinner, she'd say "We're having breakfast for dinner." Then she'd make bacon, eggs, link sausages, and pancakes. Oh, and sometimes fried potatoes. Ymmmm... I'd love to be able to do that but my husband is too picky. He has to either be eating Italian or Tex-Mex with the occasional Chinese. He'd raise his eyebrows at breakfast for dinner. sigh.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 20
And Cha-Cha July 2005

MamaMolly
03-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Eeeewwww. Ever seen English bacon? It is really super thick and served pretty much raw. Warm, if you are lucky.

Try having morning sickness and stuck in a hotel dining room that reeks of all kinds of smells and right over DHs shoulder in my line of sight this guy took a whole huge slimy greasy rasher of quivering gelatinous 'bacon', rolls it up on a fork and crams the entire thing in his mouth, complete with grease dripping from the corner of his mouth.

Stewardess~ barf bag, please!

IMHO, there is just no such thing as a petty undercooked bacon b!tch. You have my sympathies.