PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Target.

just_teachin
03-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm usually a huge Target fan... but this sucks.

I was looking for a huge stainless steel stock pot to dye some silk scarves for my DD's Music Together teacher. Went online to see what they had. Found a 16 quart one for $29.99. Called my local (20 min away) Target to see if they had it. Sure did- two, in fact! Drove there after DH got home from teaching.... and they're $39.99!

And, no, they won't price-match.

Grrrrr.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!

s7714
03-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Yep. I had that happen on some toys I was collecting for my DDs around Christmas time. At one Target and online they were marked on clearance for $1.59, but at another Target they were still at the original $9.99 price. I had the receipt from the cheaper Target and the print out from their website and the store still wouldn't adjust their price! It makes no sense to me either.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

MartiesMom2B
03-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't get this with Target either. At one Target store their nursing bras were marked down much lower than another I went to.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie & Mei

Radosti
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Individual stores make their own decisions about when/how to mark down clothing. The BabyGap by my mom's work always had awesome bargains in the clearance section. Clothing that was marked down there, was never marked down (that well) around here. Then, her store got a new manager and now NOTHING gets marked down there. The Gymboree by me constantly has khaki pants and jeans marked down to $6.99, shirts down to $4.99. The one by my parents has the same stuff for double the price.

Target is no different. Plus, they hire cashiers who are just on a different plane of thought. I went in to target today to buy dog/cat food for donation. I saved up all these great coupons. Some of the stuff I wanted wasn't there. I had two coupons for Purina Cat chow 16 oz bags Free, or $1.89 off a larger bag. There were no 16 oz bags, so I decided to bite the bullet and just take the $1.89 off the 3.5 lbs bags. Plus, I had a whole bunch of other purina coupons for dog and cat foods. I got to the cash register and the lady looked really confused. I explained that she should just take the $1.89 off each of those two bags. She looked at me, then read the coupons VERY carefully... then proceeded to give me the whole price free. I tried to explain that she should only take $1.89 off, but she looked at me as if what I was saying was way beyond her comprehension. I tried to explain it again, but the line was building, so I gave up.

tarynsmum
03-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Yeah, when I first heard all the bras and tanks were getting discontinued, I ran to my local Target, only to find out that they'd be "phasing them out" for some time. grrr.

It strikes me as crazy that they don't price-match. Seems like they chould all be the same, with the same prices and whatnot (I mean, don't they all use the same Sunday mailer?)

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2007, 09:58 AM
We have many Targets nearby and the 2 that are closest are on different sale schedules. The one is a week ahead of the other on markdowns.

SO long as the item isn't on cleareance they will do a price adjustment if the itme goes on sale. I think the time frame may be 2 weeks. Hang on to your reciept and just check back with them.

Beth

MartiesMom2B
03-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Don't get me started on their cashiers. I had a coupon for mylicon and a little bit of the barcode was ripped off. The cashier didn't accept the coupon. I told her that I didn't want the mylicon then, and she gave me an attitude.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie & Mei

Mommy Of A Little Angel
03-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Yup, you're right. I worked at BabyGap a few years ago and what happens is when the sale section in a particular store gets overcrowded or they have a lot of a particular item and it is already at the lowest price corporate sends the stores (it ends in .97), the stores managers tell the employees to price kill them which just means they take that sale price and cut it in half. It doesn't come up on the registers so the associates have to override the prices. It's really up to each store's managers to decide when that happens. The store I worked at did it all the time, but I have yet to find such good deals at other stores.

KentuckyRK
03-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm a wee bit late on answering this post... I was wondering if you've already bought the pots?

If you haven't bought them yet, I'm forever getting emails with codes for 10% off of any order from Target.com, etc... because of my account and I'd be happy to pass along the code anytime. It would at least surely get you close to free shipping, so almost if not that sell price.

The one for this week expired today, but I'm sure I'll get one in the next few days if you'd like me, just let me know... or anyone else too...