PDA

View Full Version : Throwing myself a pity party!

Lilysmom06
03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Since the birth of DD 9.5 months ago, I have had a lot of health problems. During the delivery, it took a long time to push her out, and I was in lithotomy with my legs shoved back by the nurse the entire time. As I had an epidural, no problem. Once the epidural wore off, I was unable to walk. Literally. My right leg just didn't work, it was so weak I couldn't support myself. I also had right groin pain and right buttock pain. The doctors and therapists told me that this happens sometimes, and sent me home with a cane.

So, to make a long story short, I had an injury to my femoral nerve, which supplies the leg. This is slowly getting better, and I can walk without the cane for support. I also have an unstable pelvis and a dislocated sacroiliac joint on the right side. After months of therapy, multiple steroid injections into my back, chiropractic visits, accupuncture - they tell me I just have to give it time to heal, deal with the constant pain, and there is nothing they can do. Thanks.

Also, I still have the groin pain, so after 4 MRI's, I find out today that there is a tear in the cartilage in my hip, that I will need to have surgery to fix it. I will have to be on crutches for over a month. How is this going to be possible???

Sorry, I am just REALLY down today. I have been unable to work due to these medical problems, and feel so isolated. I love my DD, but never planned on being a SAHM. I miss my job and friends. And its sooo hard to get out with her, as my stupid back and hip are so painful. And, now that she is crawling and trying to walk, and getting heavy, ugh!!!!

Thanks for listening (if anyone made it this far). You all are so supportive, it really helps to post on this board.

Kathy

elizabethkott
03-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Kathy -
This really sucks. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it right now. I don't know about you, but I feel like having medical issues right now, after the birth of a baby, is really really hard. Like we should be able to fully enjoy them at this age, and because of other things going on, we're sort of missing out by being distracted with medical poop, kwim?
Pity party - table of TWO!
At least we have each other for company!
(and I hear the waiters are shirtless and gorgeous here!)
:)

elephantmeg
03-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm sorry. I hope things get better soon!

stella
03-23-2007, 01:06 PM
OMG! that's horrible! I am so sorry you are going through this rough time - and for so long! I hope the hip surgery will be helpful. I have tendonitis in my arch and I can't run. Three months of somewhat-limited mobility has made me miserable - I can't imagine how it must be for you!

Good Luck in your recovery. ((Hugs)).

kedss
03-23-2007, 01:08 PM
hugs, mama!

chlobo
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Man, that sucks. I hope it gets better soon.

Momof3Labs
03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Oh, Kathy, I feel for you!!! I separated my pelvis when DS2 was born 13 months ago and am still recovering from it. I finally found a PT who knew exactly what I needed, and now I'm finally feeling like I'm steadily improving, but it's been a long road that has had a lot of influence over our future family plans, unfortunately.

almostamom
03-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Kathy,
I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this. Whenever you need to vent, just come here and let it all out. That's why this forum is here. Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery. May you feel like yourself again soon.

Hugs,
Linda

gatorsmom
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Gosh, that sounds so painful. Hope you can get some relief soon.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

gatorsmom
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Gosh, that sounds so painful. Hope you can get some relief soon.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

kozachka
03-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Hugs, Kathy. Hopefully surgery to fix the cartilage in your hip will make things better. Is there any way you can return to work part time?

kozachka
03-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Hugs, Kathy. Hopefully surgery to fix the cartilage in your hip will make things better. Is there any way you can return to work part time?

Lilysmom06
03-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Just wanted to thank you all for the kind words - they really help! I'm so glad there is a bitching post - everyone IRL is sick of hearing me complain :).

Kathy