PDA

View Full Version : ugh, grafitti on our garge door.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Dh went outside this afternoon to paint the garage door and at some point someone sprayed gang grafitti on it. It's all painted over now, but now dh is freaking out saying that we should just move sooner than later. I'm just upset that our neighborhood is having to go through this. I don't really want to move. I like our neighbors and our home. Mostly i'm just disgusted by the whole thing,probobly just a bunch of stupid kids-but still- it's part of my home and I feel threatened having this happen. We try very hard to keep our home nice,but lately it just seems like it doesn't matter. Some of the people on our block have taken to having arguments on their front lawn, yesterday I had to bring dd inside from playing because they were screaming the f word at each other. I wanted to go say something but honestly I was afraid i'd get hurt.
I calculated yesterday that it's going to cost us 425 dollars a month to send our dc to private school,frankly i think i'd rather spend that in mortgage. When we start talking about all this dh just gets upset because we can't afford a house in the neighborhood he grew up in,throws his hands up and doesn't want to talk about it. but it does need to be talked about.
We have two children(boy/girl) and a 2 bedroom house-somethings gotta give. Mostly i'm just pissed about the grafitti though. I'll call the police tomorrow and talk to the neighbors I guess to see if they've had any problems. Have any of you ever had problems w/ grafitti in your neighborhoods or on your property? How did you deal with it?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
03-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Dh went outside this afternoon to paint the garage door and at some point someone sprayed gang grafitti on it. It's all painted over now, but now dh is freaking out saying that we should just move sooner than later. I'm just upset that our neighborhood is having to go through this. I don't really want to move. I like our neighbors and our home. Mostly i'm just disgusted by the whole thing,probobly just a bunch of stupid kids-but still- it's part of my home and I feel threatened having this happen. We try very hard to keep our home nice,but lately it just seems like it doesn't matter. Some of the people on our block have taken to having arguments on their front lawn, yesterday I had to bring dd inside from playing because they were screaming the f word at each other. I wanted to go say something but honestly I was afraid i'd get hurt.
I calculated yesterday that it's going to cost us 425 dollars a month to send our dc to private school,frankly i think i'd rather spend that in mortgage. When we start talking about all this dh just gets upset because we can't afford a house in the neighborhood he grew up in,throws his hands up and doesn't want to talk about it. but it does need to be talked about.
We have two children(boy/girl) and a 2 bedroom house-somethings gotta give. Mostly i'm just pissed about the grafitti though. I'll call the police tomorrow and talk to the neighbors I guess to see if they've had any problems. Have any of you ever had problems w/ grafitti in your neighborhoods or on your property? How did you deal with it?

purpleeyes
03-26-2007, 11:36 AM
No advice, just sending you lots of (((hugs))). That sounds upsetting and a little scary! So sorry you have to go through this, mama!

And, FWIW, I totally agree with you about the tutition vs the mortgage. Good luck talking to DH and keep us posted!

Beth

purpleeyes
03-26-2007, 11:36 AM
No advice, just sending you lots of (((hugs))). That sounds upsetting and a little scary! So sorry you have to go through this, mama!

And, FWIW, I totally agree with you about the tutition vs the mortgage. Good luck talking to DH and keep us posted!

Beth

bchafin
03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
We used to live in MD right outside of DC. I had never really thought much about it in our neighborhood, but my neighbor did. She noticed a lot of symbols painted on the sidewalks. When she called the police about it, they sent out the head officer in charge of gang related investigations. Turns out they were gang symbols that alert members to their "safe houses" in the neighborhood. That was pretty scary to find out. I'm not saying what you have is gang related (ours was a lot more subtle), it probably is just destructive kids. I do highly suggest you alert the police though.

Good luck. I know it is hard. Our final straw was when I saw my neighbors house getting broken into. (Yes I called the police, no they weren't caught.)

C99
03-26-2007, 08:34 PM
We have not been tagged, but almost everyone on our alley has, including my across-the-alley neighbor most recently. I figure that the risk of graffiti is one of the risks I take by living where I do, but even then, there are far worse crimes that could befall my family or my property than graffiti on my garage.