PDA

View Full Version : When is the baby due..........:(

robinsonbn
03-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Ummm I had him...6mo ago...Today at Walmart the Cashier asked me when I was due! I was wearing something that I thought looked very nice and my freind agreed. I thought I was doing so well in losing the baby wait! I am so depressed now!

Lovingliv
03-28-2007, 06:45 AM
nak

Don't people know never to comment????

9 months up, 9 months down!

big hugs to you, Brittany- you are not alone.

elliput
03-28-2007, 06:55 AM
That cashier deserves a big ol b!tch slap for being a dolt. I'm sorry she(?) made such a clueless comment.

elizabethkott
03-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Happened to a friend of mine...
as she was standing there HOLDING HER NEWBORN.

Really. I sometimes think they are drugging the Wheaties with stupid powder.

kep
03-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Big hugs! They didn't know what they were talking about! How incredibly rude.

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Ack that is terrible! You are a stronger woman than I! I would have probably started to cry right then and there! Some people are just weird. Who knows what that lady was thinking! DD is now 10 months and let's just say I am still not fitting into pre-pregnancy clothes.

<Hugs> mama! I am sure you are looking great!

dogmom
03-29-2007, 01:54 AM
HATE THAT, HATE THAT, HATE THAT!

When are people going to learn unless you see a baby kick you DO NOT mention due dates to people you don't know. Ugh! I wear scrubs at work, not that flattering, and every once in a while a get someone making a comment. I actually had a family member pat my belly, and I wasn't pregnant, and I'm not that bleeping big!

DrSally
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
That's terrible! I was shopping for a nursing top at Motherhood when DS was 5 months old. The salesperson looked at my belly and asked if I was pregnant again. I said no and laughed, and she proceeded to get a furrowed look and said "well, your belly should've gone down months ago". Uh, thanks.

saschalicks
03-29-2007, 06:15 PM
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you! I'm so sorry you heard that.

At 9 weeks after DS1 in Target the PREGNANT woman behind me asked me when I was due. Don't pregnant women know better.

3 months after DS2 I was in the elevator at work a woman from another floor said to me "when are you going to have that baby already?" Looked her dead in the face and said "I did 3 months ago". She never EVER said another word to me in the elevator if I ever saw her.

B- You are not alone, and stupidity should be outlawed.

robinsonbn
03-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Well at least I am not alone...people just need to be quiet. I hated being asked even when I was pg...course that was because I was paranoid they would try and steal my baby. The worst part is...all other parts of my body are back to pre-pregnancy...even my weight...my tummy not at all...I carried DS very far out not wide...like I had a beach ball under there...I may never get my ab muscles back :(

DrSally
03-31-2007, 09:07 AM
I hear ya! How is it that you can be at the exact same pre-preg weight and still have a belly that sticks out. Is it the underlying abs?

Fairy
04-03-2007, 12:05 AM
The last time someone said that to me, I looked them -- a chick -- right in the eye, and I said, "I'm not pregnant. I'm just fat." Looked her Right. In. The Eye. Stared her down real good. She turned about six shades of red and just walked away.

Sometimes, younger people don't know tact as well as the older experienced folks. It's not a slam on younger people, it's just a fact of life that you learn from your experiences. I remember being in my early 20's, my first friend was pregnant, and she was discussing names. She said, we're thinking about X. And I said, "ooh," like i didn't like the name. I didn't meant to offend her, but boy did I ever. I think about it now to this day. Now, no matter what, if I don't like a name, I say something very nice. Not neutral or non-committal, but lie thru my teeth, "awesome!" "great name!" "Cool!" And when we were pregnant with DS, we chose not to discuss any names with anyone, and it worked out great.

So, back to the tactfully commenting on one's non-pregnancy fattness, it irks mee to no end, and I just get very very upset and react significantly. But I know in my head that I'm teaching them a lesson by my matter-of-fact, in-your-face, you-asked-for-it-you-got-it-Toyota reply.

And it makes me feel better ;-)

-- Fairy

robinsonbn
04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
lol. I am only 21 and I would never ever ask anyone that...even if they were clearly Preggers. Cause what if they aren't no matter how "obvious" it may seem. I do accidently say things that I shouldn't the other day my freind said " i don't know the colors for my wedding until I go and find Bridesmaid dresses I like" I said "why are you doing it that way shouldn't the dresses match urs (if u want) and all it match your colors, who chooses from the Bridesmaid dresses?" she just looked at me...I meant to say it more as a question but with a rolling off the playmat and acrossed the house DS I wasn't thinking.

elizabethkott
04-04-2007, 06:18 AM
I know in my head that I'm
>teaching them a lesson by my matter-of-fact, in-your-face,
>you-asked-for-it-you-got-it-Toyota reply.
>

And that's why you rock.
:)