PDA

View Full Version : Hate still being pregnant, but dreading labor with DH

VClute
04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
DS was 2 1/2 weeks overdue, so I know I may still be in for a long wait. But DH makes it clear that spending time alone with me is his hell-on-earth. How the heck am I supposed to look forward to laboring with someone who'd rather be somewhere else watching tv? I'm too tired to do my own nipple-tweaking... Oy.

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

trumansmom
04-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, first you beat the snot out of him. Then you gently explain to him that since he showed up for the fun part (conception), he damn well better be there for the hard part - with every bit as much enthusiasm, or the fun part will just be a very, very distant memory.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

almostamom
04-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Amy, listen to Jeanne. She's a very, very wise woman!! Good luck. May your little one arrive soon and may your DH get his head out of his....well, you get the idea. :) The positive side about your daughter taking her time - her birthstone is now a diamond! :)

Linda

american_mama
04-02-2007, 09:11 PM
You remind yourself, and DH, that the championship game is tonight, which means he is out of excuses for why he MUST watch TV after this. Or am I revealing too much about my own home life? ;-)

I was thinking of you today, thinking you'd had the baby. Look forward to hearing your news!

robinsonbn
04-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Hang in there! Labor Vibes comming your way! As for DH..if I were you I would take advantage of all you can get away with saying while in labor...then maybe you will feel better. :) I really don't know what to say do for sure cause I don't know your DH. I hope everything works out for the best for you! I am sure you have been doing everything you can think of to start labor, I stongly recomend walking as much as possible and I know that I was on my feet rocking back and forth every chance I got. I think it really helped my labor was only about 3 hours. Good Luck!

edit: I just read PP, I love love love J's Idea's!

VClute
04-03-2007, 05:28 AM
The fun part already IS a distant memory. I'm more interested in the fun part than DH, so I don't even get to use THAT as a bargaining chip! Agh! (And I would say that, for DH, the really fun part is all the casseroles that get brought over AFTER baby arrives. sigh...)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

nfowife
04-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Amy,
I wish you a fast, easy labor like I just had with my DS! I had my first contraction at 3:30 a.m., woke up DH at 6:30 to take a shower so we could go to the hospital, and DS was born at 8:21, just 40 minutes after we got there! So hopefully yours will go by very quickly and your DD will not make you wait all day.
And poo on your DH!!!

Lovingliv
04-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Amy,

hope your delivery is fast....and soon!

And no casserole for DH either!!!