PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the top of the fridge is not the place

Mommy Of A Little Angel
04-03-2007, 04:24 PM
for a bottle of wine! As you can imagine, it will fall off...onto the tile floor, shattering and sending glass shards flying over the entire kitchen. Oh, and it is of course RED wine. White would have been too easy. And it couldn't fall in front of the fridge...no it falls to the side so the glass and wine is down the wall and under the frige. Wall is purple, tile is purple, kitchen smells like wine. Yeah, that was not fun to clean up...

newmomto3kids
04-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Red wine...on the top of the fridge???? See, that is the problem. Red wine should be on the counter, uncorked and being poured!!
I am so sorry, that has to suck. Buy another bottle, and DRINK this one!!

alleyoop
04-03-2007, 05:16 PM
There is wine left over? What? ;) Not in my house!

DrSally
04-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Ohhhh!!! So sorry! We used to store our wine on top of the fridge when we were in an apt., but I've actually heard it's not good for the wine b/c it gets too warm from the heat the fridge gives off. Sorry about the mess!!

JTsMom
04-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Been there, done that. Sucks, huh? At least you know you're not alone.

SnuggleBuggles
04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
That stinks. :( Hopefully you didn't lose too much of a really good wine. :)

My biggest disaster with kitchen breakable was dropping a glass bottle of corn syrup. The syrup was so sticky that the tiny shards of glass were trapped in it. It was a terrible mess. I have also dropped a bottle of balsamic vinegar onto the floor...and watched as it traveled with great speed to under the appliances using the grout between the tiles as a channel.

I hope it came off. I bet the (scary, dangerous chemical laden- but useful) Mr. Clean eraser will get it off.

Beth

kimbe
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh I feel your pain!!!! I dropped a glass bottle of olive oil onto our tile floor yesterday!

newmomto3kids
04-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are scary and chemical ridden?? Say it ain't so...I love those.
Off to do some research.