PDA

View Full Version : so silly but...

buddyleebaby
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I really hate it that our "baby sized" nail clippers don't have an attachment you can use to clean under the nail.
I also hate that I always forget this until I am holding a squirmy baby/toddler and have to go track down the adult ones, which are never where they should be.

thomma
04-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Hmmm...trimming nails around here is like a sport. I barely get the trimming done, never mind cleaning under the nail. :)

My problem with the kid clippers is that I can never FIND them. I must clip on the run because they are never where they're supposed to be. The last time I went to the store I bought 4 of them. That was 2 months ago and haven't lost one...yet.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

jgriffin
04-07-2007, 09:37 AM
We have several pairs of nail clippers in each upstairs bathroom, some adult, some baby. Initially this was because I could never find the baby ones (although we are good about putting the adult ones back). Now I need 2 pairs of baby clippers: one for me to use, the other for E to "use". lol

MarisaSF
04-07-2007, 12:37 PM
My beef with the baby nail clippers is they don't have a "waste collection" unit attached. We have cool adult ones where the clipped nail goes into a little compartment instead of flying all over the floor. I would love such a thing on our baby clippers. Adult nails I can *find* if they fall, but no way I can find the baby nails.

I don't clean under kiddo's nails. I just cut them so short that there's nothing left to clean out from under.

fortato
04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Alicia-- What are your girls doing that they have that much funk under their nails??????

Just kidding-

I wish they made the baby clippers a little bit longer, so I couldn't have to struggle to keep my meaty hands on them.
Stupid nail clippers.

buddyleebaby
04-07-2007, 10:29 PM
>Alicia-- What are your girls doing that they have that much
>funk under their nails??????
>

Kristen- I have wondered the same thing many times.

elizabethkott
04-09-2007, 07:19 AM
You figured out how to clip just the nails and not the finger? Wow. I'm in awe. I just take off part of J's finger each time. Eventually I suppose I'll get so far down that the nails will stop growing...
No, really, I just file because I'm such a neurotic spaz that the first time I tried clipping and caught a little bit of skin and he started wailing, I started crying too... and I just can't put either of us through that again! And yes, I also cry when he gets his shots, too.
I'm hopeless! :)

denna
04-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Ive often wonder this too. They need to be longer. Also I need the little file thing, DS's nails are as sharp as daggers.

We have like 7 pairs and I still couldnt tell you where the kiddie ones OR adult ones were.

jgriffin
04-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Nifty! I can see I'll need to go nail-clipper-shopping soon. :)

I don't worry too much about the baby nails that escape, especially right now since I'm not about to get on my hands and knees to look. I figure if I can't see them, no one else can, and they'll get sucked up soon enough.

gatorsmom
04-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Nail biting is the answer. At 2 years old, DS started biting his nails. It was fantastic. He kept them shorter than I did. After a year, however, he quit. Now we're back to clipping again. sigh..

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

Lilysmom06
04-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I hate the nail clipper for just that reason - always cutting DD's poor little finger. The answer is - use the baby scissors!! They don't get so close, so no cuts (yet).

And, I just hate doing her nails at all, it is such a wrestling match. Argh!

KAthy