PDA

View Full Version : Dear Neighor's Dog,

Lynnie
04-06-2007, 07:41 PM
PLEASE SHUT UP AND STOP BARKING.(and barking. and barking...)

Lynnie
04-06-2007, 07:51 PM
still barking.

kimbe
04-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I am sending some "shut up" vibes to your neighbors dog! I hope that you get some piece and quiet soon!

mom2one
04-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Where I live you can call the non-emergency police number and complain about it. They send a community service officer out to talk to the neighbor. They have no idea who is complaing, just that their neighbors are not happy witht the situation. It might help, or they may not care. Our neighbors dog was getting lose all the time and scaring my child. I called, they came out, neighbor fixed holes in fence, etc. HtH somehow! Susan

niccig
04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Can you talk to your neighbours. Our dogs barked a lot one day we were gone and they told us about it. Most days it's fine as I'm home and they hang out with me in the house, if they're outside and they bark I bring them in straight away. If they do need to be outside for longer, very rarely does that happen - I let my neighbours know in advance.

chris_ginger
04-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Just feed them some of that recalled pet food :)

newmomto3kids
04-07-2007, 04:54 PM
That made me laugh! Sorry...
I really hope you have some peace now. If not, may I suggest foam earplugs???
Or wine??
Or dinner out someplace, preferably without canine companionship??

KAK22
04-07-2007, 08:57 PM
do you live in my neighborhood???

we have a dog that barks everytime the owners leave

of course that's better than the man yelling at his DD and dog CONSTANTLY when they are home

JoyNChrist
04-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Our neighbor breeds beagles, which are all kept in a kennel in his backyard. We're talking 17-30 beagles at any given time. And beagles bark A LOT.

We put up a privacy fence, which has helped some, but mostly I've just learned to tune it out. Unfortunately we live like 1/2 mile outside the city limits, or he couldn't keep them.

You definitely have my sympathy.

Nooknookmom
04-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I feel for you.

Can you talk to the neighbor and maybe see why the dog barks? There are always various reasons-other dogs go by, lonliness, they hear weird noises, etc. We had a neighbor move in a few years ago w/ a constantly barking bloodhound. I am an animal lover but I wanted to ship that dog to Antartica. I later found out that it was the neighbors recently deceased Dad's dog who was sick w/ cancer and was deaf-the dog just barked b/c he couldn't hear and was sick. I felt bad :(.

That said, I am the owner of TWO barking Shepherds and *I* can't stand it when they do. I understand that they are protecting the yard, yadda yadda yadda, but when they just sniff the air and bark it drives me NUTS! They are only out during the day and sleep in our room/beds at night so I can monitor them and try to stop it as soon as I can. I don't want my neighbors to hate us!!! Plus w/ a new BB on the way, I don't want to hear any barking either, lol! GL