PDA

View Full Version : No DH, Easter is NOT just about the candy!

Emmas Mom
04-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I just do not understand why my DH was so put out when I didn't have tons of candy in the girls Easter bags. Actually, I had no candy in their bags but I did put candy in Easter eggs & we had an Easter egg hunt. He went on & on about how his parents went "all out" when they were kids. You know, from what I remember mine did too but I really don't want to raise our girls that way. So, welcome to OUR life DH....NOT going to happen with our girls. I think they eat enough sugar as it is & hey....isn't Halloween the "candy holiday"?? Why does Easter need to be too. Then he proceeded to tell me that's what kids looked forward to. Huh?? If we never make a big deal about Easter being about the candy then what...they're going to end up hating the holiday?? I don't think so. Why can't we make it fun with some little Easter gifts, an Easter egg hunt & hey...let's not forget the real meaning of Easter. Sheesh! Now, maybe next year I'll get them a small chocolate Easter bunny for their bags but seriously....it's NOT just about the candy!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. :)

gatorsmom
04-08-2007, 06:05 PM
ITA. I had bought the boys a prepackaged basket with Playdoh in it and one with Mr. Potatoe head in it. If it hadn't been for Grandpa bringing baskets with candy in it, they wouldn't have had any.

As a matter of fact, they loved the Mr. Potato head and paid very little attention to the candy. They were most excited about finding the baskets that the Easter Bunny hid!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

deborah_r
04-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Yep, I tried to minimize the candy, but DH insisted that DS needed to receive a 12" tall chocolate bunny. DS has been on sugar highs/lows all day, and is driving us crazy. We definitely need to reduce the candy loot next year.

Honestly it was much easier to tuck his Halloween candy away and he forgot about it, because he got it at night, ate a few pieces, and then I just gave him a few pieces when he asked for the next few days, then he forgot it. With finding the candy in the morning, he's been candy-focused all day.