PDA

View Full Version : Buy Buy Baby Rant

HIU8
04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm annoyed at Buy Buy Baby. I usually like shopping there for things like bottles, other accessories etc... I have never shopped there for a stroller or a carseat (I prefer people who actually have knowledge like at Great Beginnings). So, I get their 20% off coupon in the mail and we need a double stroller. We are leaning towards the douglider for everday use and getting a jogger for the neighborhood. Well, they only have the brown and I really would prefer the black one. The sales lady tells me I can prepay for it and it will be in the store in 6-8 weeks (which is ok as I am due at the end of June). She then goes on to tell me that I must have a snugride or safeseat because no other carseat can be used with it. This I know is not true. I have used my primo viaggio with a friends before (it doesn't click into the tray, but it does fit securely). She gets annoyed that I have told her this. Meanwhile, she goes on to tell someone that the minimum age (by law) for a belt positioning booster is 4.5 years old in Maryland. No mention of weight. No mention that the child should be mature enough to sit in the seat.

I know so much more because of this and other boards. I wish sales people knew as much!

Thanks for listening.

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD EDD 6/22/07