PDA

View Full Version : Why did I join the gym???

Pennylane
04-12-2007, 06:46 AM
What in the world was I thinking when I invested 90.00 a month in a gym membership??? The fantasy was I would go 3 or 4 times a week and shape up by swimsuit season.Enjoy some "me" time. They have an amazing daycare facility and the children seem to love it.

The reality is I can't go because at least one of my children have been sick about every week for the past 2 months. If they weren't sick and I took them, then they end up sick after being there. My DH complains when I want to go on the weekend, so I have been about 10 times in the last 3 months.

What a great investment :)

Ann

table4three
04-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I joined in October and then got pregnant in late November. Now, I know I can exercise while pg, but I'm too darn tired. What a waste!

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

elephantmeg
04-12-2007, 08:17 AM
I have a memebership that I've had for 4 1/2 years, always have gone 3-4 times a week. I can't remember when I last went-2 weeks ago maybe. The kids klub is great but DS is always sick or majorly seperation anxiety. I think I'm going to drop it. I have to leave him to go to work, I don't have to leave him to go to the gym. I'm petitioning for a treadmill :)

ellies mom
04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Both of us joined our community center last year. DH only went once and I took DD to the pool several times and then stopped going. we finally just admitted that we weren't going to go and bought a treadmill, bench and set of dumbbells. Sure it may take a year or two to pay for itself but at least I'm using it every day. I figure if I still want to take DD to the pool, I can buy a 20 punch pass or pay the daily fee (she is still free).

SnuggleBuggles
04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I dragged my tired butt to the gym yesterday with no intention of really trying hard. I was walking at a pretty fast clip on the treadmill but realized I was going to fall asleep if I didn't up it. I got a whopping 20 min. run in and managed to stay awake. Ready to fall asleep in the car though after I was done. :) It was hard to get motivated to go but it was worth it. Now, had I had time to go home and get a nap in I may have chosen that instead. :)

Beth (EDD 11/19/07)

DebbieJ
04-13-2007, 12:23 AM
$90 a month?!?!?!!?!?!!

Get your a$$ to the gym!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Pennylane
04-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Lol! I wish I could, trust me! Hopefully everyone will be healthy soon and I can get back. I gave up having my house cleaned twice a month to afford the gym. Boy, am I regretting that decision!

Ann

C99
04-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I hear you.

We joined the gym last February and the only time I went regularly was when I was taking prenatal yoga classes (for an extra fee, and not available during childcare hours). I am giving myself until the end of the year, and if DH and I do not go at least 12x month, I am dropping it.

KBecks
04-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Check what their sick policy is. At the one I belong to, you can take the kids if they do not have a fever.

I love our gym and it has great childcare. I hope you are able to get going more.

If not, you may have great success selling your contract on Craigslist. That's how I found and purchased ours.