PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! DH takes carseats out of car AGAIN!

jillc
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Ok, just feeling so mad about this, so here I am at the Bitching Post...

It REALLY SUCKS when your DH takes the carseats out of your car to make a Home Depot run over the weekend & then neglects to reinstall them when he's done. If he had done so, I would not have had to call the pediatrician's office this morning to explain that we were going to be significantly late for DS's appointment b/c I had to wrestle the carseats back into the car & was running into difficulties doing so. And then I lost my keys in the garage... and had to look for them for 10 minutes.

This is the second time this has happened recently & it sucks. And both times it's been on days that DD has been a real handful all morning & I'm already at my wit's end. I almost cried. Feeling better now since a few hours have passed & DH called to apologize.

Thank you. Drive thru.

ellies mom
04-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Big Hugs!!!!

It would be really nice if they could just put the carseats back. I feel for you.

scoop22
04-16-2007, 08:43 PM
so sorry! i know the feeling. although you are a step ahead of me. i couldn't get mine tight enough. i had to call the neighbor. how embarrassing. i have a feeling this will never happen in my house again. and this summer i am practicing big time. i can't believe i am a mommy and can't get this seat in.. hugs to you! i hope your day got better.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

almostamom
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I get upset when DH forgets to put the STROLLER back in the car! I feel for you! I've never had to install one of our carseats. I'd be in the group that had to call a neighbor!

Linda

newnana
04-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Hmm, apparently I have an unintentional edge over you guys. DD is almost 2 and DH still doesn't know how to install or remove a car seat because I'm so nutso about it being right and doing it myself and him not trusting himself. So he has never once touched them. There have been times I've been irritated that he won't even attempt it, but if that ever happens again I'll remember this post! Thanks for putting things in perspective for me and I'm sorry you were frustrated, I know that feeling WAY to well. Hugs, momma!
Michelle

DrSally
04-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Ugh!! Take em out, put em back in! At least he apologized.

alexsmommy
04-17-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a friend who you could have ranted with yesterday. She came down to take her 8 month old to an outpatient surgery appointment to find that her DH had installed her Roundabout FORWARD FACING. When I spoke to her she was seething b/c 1.) Her baby was about to have surgery so she was already and emotional wreck. 2.) She was going to be late for check in since she had to reinstall and this surgery had already be rescheduled once. 3.) When she called DH hysterical(he was staying home with their 2.5 y/o) his response was, "Oh, I don't have latch in my car and didn't know how to do the backward thing w/o it so I just installed it front facing in my car yesterday when I took (the baby) to the opthamologist. He seemed to like it better." The safety thing was not getting through to her DH so she kept having so say (loudly) "IT'S ILLEGAL!" Since her DS is almost 20 lbs her DH just did not get why she was so upset to find out he had traveled with the baby like that.
Luckily the hospital staff was completely empathic and understood why she was late so they didn't bump her (now starving) baby to a later time.
I'm glad your DH apologized.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07

gatorsmom
04-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Ugh!! I HATE that!!!! I so hear you. Why don't men get it? My DH takes the seats out that I spend lots of time getting in right, then he throws them in there all haphazard. When i ask him if he put the seats back in he says yes. Then, the next day, I go out and find them all in wrong. And I can never get them in tight enough- I really need his strength for that. So, needless to say, he really pisses me off.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005