PDA

View Full Version : DH:

Lynnie
04-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Why ask me to do something if you are just going to complain and criticize the way I do it afterwards anyway??

And, if you don't like something, maybe make a suggestion, don't just say," well, I think that is cheezy, but if you like it, fine."

newnana
04-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Umm, are we married to the same guy? I should have had a clue about this with wedding planning, but I just thought that was a wedding thing:

Him: Do whatever you want, Hon. I don't care what we do (repeatedly)
Him: How are the plans going? We're doing WHAT? That's stupid/dumb/no fun, etc.

Nope, it wasn't reserved to that particular event. I have since learned to tell him that he's not entitled to an opinion since he was by choice not part of the process and it's done now.

I commiserate.
Michelle

gatorsmom
04-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Oooh.. I hate when my husband does that too (I've wondered from some of your past posts if we are married to the same guy. In that case- you can have him!!! :) )

DH has learned not to say too many inconsiderate things anymore because when he does I reply, "really? then I'll let you handle it." And I totally drop the reins. He really hates that. ESPECIALLY then when he tries to pick up where I left off by doing something he thinks is better and I say to him, "What? THAT SUCKS!" This tactic has proven very effective (and very satisfying to me.)

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

elephantmeg
04-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Don't tell me that I do a chore "wrong" when you don't do it at all. ie don't fuss at me because the CLEAN highchair tray is draining "wrong side up" and then after you take care of him the next morning I wake up after working late the night before to the highchair tray covered in stuck on dried up food.

megs4413
04-29-2007, 03:16 PM
it seems we're all married to the same guy...

mapg
04-29-2007, 05:55 PM
My mom says her goal in life is to outlive my father.