PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Blanket, you ARE a miracle, but only for small babies!

nfowife
04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
DS is addicted to the miracle blanket. He can't sleep well without it. But he is a big baby, and quickly outgrowing it. I bought a swaddle me today at the store because it comes in larger sizes and tried it tonight. No dice. After 3 wakings in 2 hours (normally his first sleep span is 4-5 hours in the swing, then he comes to bed with me) I ripped that sucker off and put him back in his beloved MB. But it won't be long 'till he is too big and then what do I do?
Fits babies to 6 months, my butt it does!

tylersmama
04-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I hear you, and DS wasn't/isn't a big baby. He outgrew his MB by the time he was about 3 months. He was working his way out of it every night because it just didn't fit anymore and I was afraid he'd strangle himself on it. We weaned him off of it pretty quickly. I started by leaving his legs out (since it was more that he outgrew it by length than because he was actually too big) and just swaddling his arms. That worked for a few days to a week, then he was getting out of that too, so we went cold turkey. We were very very lucky that DS did ok with that!

I really wish they would make the MB in a couple of sizes, so that it would work longer for bigger/taller babies.

JoyNChrist
04-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm PM'ing you about something I made for DS that worked really well for us. I'd love to get your input!