PDA

View Full Version : Dear DD & DH Please be QUIET! When I tell you I'm taking a nap!

Nooknookmom
04-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Slamming the front door WILL wake me up!

Wish I could say that made me feel better but the unrelenting lack of sleep, contractions, stress, migrane and severe back pain are keeping me from doing so.

She does this *every* single time I try to take a 30 min nap. She's 11 1/2 waaaaaaaay old enough to understand not to slam the door, etc. DH has NO excuse at all grrrrrrr....

Still don't feel better :(

Lynnie
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
oh, man. That would be grounds for, I don't know - checking myself into a hotel to get sleep (and room service :) ). I feel your pain. And would put something on the door to prevent it from being able to be slammed. What a nightmare. sleep is so precious, let alone when you are in your state. ugh.

Nooknookmom
04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Thank you, sympathy always makes the pain subside a little. Hotel, what a grand idea! I think I'm going to change my name from Mom to something they'll never recognize.

Thanks again!

kozachka
04-25-2007, 03:13 AM
Hugs. Guys simply can not relate to the degree of sleep deprivation that we go through as result of having children and being pregnant. DD will understand your pain one day... Hope you feel better soon.

Lynnie
04-25-2007, 08:08 AM
I never actually did that, but, boy, did I dream about it !!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

alexsmommy
04-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Other than the migrane (knock on wood - they seem better this pregnancy) I could have written the same post. DSD is 13 y/o but somehow cannot remember not to slam her bedroom door on the rare weekend occassion that I get to lay down for more than a half-hour. I finally told her, "You know, I know I'm b*tchy lately - but I can promise you I'll be much easier to deal with if you'd let me get some uninterrupted sleep!" She seemed to make a litle bit more effort. She slammed the front door instead...Sigh.
I hope you got some rest.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07

Nooknookmom
04-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks again for the well wishes. DD actually *got* it yesterday when SHE was trying to nap and Dad came in a slammed the door and began to talk loud. I swear I did NOT snicker (ok I did.) But at least now she gets it :)