PDA

View Full Version : ARRGGHHH - aggravated by UPS

cstack
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I am so aggravated. I ordered that Six Week Body Makeover. I have been waiting patiently (OK, so maybe *not* patiently, but I have been waiting) for it to arrive. I tracked the package via the UPS website yesterday and it said I was going to be delivered today. I come home, no package. I go online - it tells me that the package was undeliverable because they need a valid street address. WTH!?! I have lived here for 17 years. The address has never changed. UPS has delivered to me before. FED-EX delivers to me with no problem. The USPS delivers to me with no problem. I am on Google maps for goodness sake. OK, so there is no number on the house - but I am the ONLY FLIPPING HOUSE on the street! They sat in front of my flipping house (my mom lives around the corner and she saw them there). So, at 6:00 I call the UPS 800 number and am told that they will have the local distribution center call me within an hour. At 7:30, with no call, I call them back. The first flipping operator never sent the message through and now the center is closed. My package is not on a truck, it will be a huge PITA for me to pick it up, AND I can't start the stupid diet tomorrow like I planned.

OK, sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. I'm done now.

scoop22
05-01-2007, 07:29 PM
i know what it is like to wait by the door and wait for a package. it is so upsetting to watch them drive by. i hope it comes fast and without anymore headaches.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

boogiemom
05-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I know how you feel, Carla. We are in a new house and have had trouble getting deliveries started. It really shouldn't be that difficult as our house number is 45 so we are the house between 43 and 47. Ugh. Good luck getting your package delivered.

On another note, I recently did the 6-Week Body Makeover for 7 weeks. It's a bit overwhelming when you get it. You probably won't be able start it immediately as I know I had to go grocery shopping for completely different foods than I had around the house. You can't have anything with added salt and it's amazing how many things have added salt. Just off the top of my head, I know I had to replace: chicken breasts (can't be frozen because they use a salt/water mix to preserve and add flavor), shrimp (same), tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, chicken/beef broth, all condiments other than vinegar (have to make your own ketchup, mustard, dressings, bbq sauce, etc.), oatmeal (can't be instant), eggs (had to buy cartons of egg whites), etc.... Our grocery bills went thru the roof because my DH and I were both doing it. We pretty much only shopped produce and fresh meat. It requires a lot of planning and a lot of cooking.

I have switched over to WW because I was feeling too deprived and while I was still losing well during the week, my one night out to dinner with my family was causing me to gain 3-4 lbs. for the one meal. It didn't make sense to continue that way for the little loss that remained after my dinner out. I will say that the plan definitely works as long as you do NOT go off of it at all. I lost 26 lbs. in the first 6 weeks. My DH is still doing it and has lost 41 lbs. in 8 weeks. He has had to do some business travel during that time and wasn't eating on plan during his trips as it's nearly impossible.

Good Luck and I hope you receive it quickly! :)

Nooknookmom
05-02-2007, 11:03 AM
If it helps I too am anxiously waiting the UPS man. I need my stuff B4 the baby arrives, lol!!!

Smile :) I'm trying too!!!