PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices out of control (Disney Playhouse Live)

AddiesMom
05-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Just need to vent. I have the opportunity to pre-order tickets for Disney Playhouse for when DD turns two. I can get second row tickets for $37.50 each but we are on vacation. Two weeks later there is a show about 1/2 farther away and we can get 4th row seats. They want $55 per ticket! By the time you add all the fees it is $180 for the three of us to go! I DON'T THINK SO! How in the heck do people afford this?

Normally I am immune to Disney prices since my family goes to WDW at least once per year, but come on, this is a show that is probably 90 minutes long for little kids!

egoldber
05-07-2007, 08:25 AM
This isn't just a Disney thing. Any live performance show for kids is in a similar price range, Sesame Street Live, Diego Live, etc. We just took DD5 to the circus and it was over $20 per person for NOT close seats. Craziness. We just skip these shows.

DebbieJ
05-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Yep. We wanted to go see Laurie Berkner and even her tix were out of our price range.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

maestramommy
05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I think Sesame Street with Elmo is coming to the Kodak theater out here. One of the moms wanted to take her kids, until she found out they were $180 each for the nosebleed section! $450 if you wanted to sit up close and meet Elmo afterwards. Um, no, she'll just watch Elmo on TV instead!

billysmommy
05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
We just went to see Sesame Street Live 1.5 weeks ago - my mom got the boys tickets for their birthday (well Billy a ticket, Benjamin was free because he wasn't 1 yet). She got 4th row seats on the floor for 37.50 each. She said she got them through the pre-sale and was surprised they weren't more expensive. We went on a Friday at 10:00am.

kozachka
05-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I could not agree more with you. We just left San Diego and it cost around $185 for the three of us to visit SeaWorld ;( and that's with AAA discount. Granted DH and I can go back till the end of the year and DS' passport (to get free parking which is otherwise $10) is valid for a whole year but since we do not currently live in the area, the chances of us taking advantage of this offer are fairly slim. DH think it was still worth it for the quality of the shows and for a chance for DS to see all the sea creatures, and I have to agree with him, just wish prices were cheaper.