PDA

View Full Version : Frickin' frackin' flower destroying bunnies!

rupptopia
05-09-2007, 06:33 PM
There was a line of really pretty blue flowers along the front of our house a couple days ago. (Kind of a surprise really since we weren't in this house a year ago & don't know what flowers were planted by the previous owner.)

Today - about 5 loney little flowers left after the frickin' bunnies chowed down! And the tulips are looking chewed up too.

We have tried egg/garlic spray, I think they are immune. The bunnies are so used to people around here, they don't even run. A guess they gotta eat but what a bummer! Anybody have any advice?

masha12
05-10-2007, 12:12 PM
We've had good luck with rabbit repellant that contains pepper.

Ironic, because the bunnies ate a pepper plant we tried to grow a few years ago. My husband refused to put pepper spray on a pepper plant due to the irony of it all.

The pepper spray did keep them away from our flowers.

jal
05-11-2007, 12:38 AM
>Anybody have any advice?
Get an outdoor cat.

StantonHyde
05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
There are actually flowers that bunnies don't like as much--check a garden book for your region. My yard is FULL of bunnies, but they don't eat my flowers. I don't know why--because there is so much else for them to eat? Our issue is deer. And if they get hungry enough, they will eat anything, despite what the garden books say!