PDA

View Full Version : Please stop forwarding emails to me!!!!!!!

Pennylane
05-10-2007, 01:02 PM
No, I am not going to torture my friends and forward them the email you just sent me to let me know if I don't forward it to 10 of my best friends something bad is going to happen to my family. First of all, I don't even have 10 friends to forward it to and the few I have won't be my friends much longer if I keep sending them your stupid emails. I like puppies, kittens, etc but do not want to download a file with pictures of them doing "cute" things.

If you want to email me, just email me to say hi, how are you doing? How are the kids? Sorry I missed their birthdays again but yet I have time to tell you that you will go to hell if you don't forward this. I am so sick of them!!!!!!!!!!!

Also does no one check Snopes to find out if any of the emails they send are true or not?? Come on people, don't be so gullible!

Ann

elliput
05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I hear ya! I am a living testiment to the fact that nothing awful will happen if I don't forward the email to my friends. Files of puppies and kittens can very easily be carrying something else that I don't want to download on to my computer. So I am a stick in the mud when it comes to email. Big deal.

s_gosney
05-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm with you! I've been thinking about sending this in response to all forwards: http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-smilepop-soapbox4.swf

elliput
05-10-2007, 02:04 PM
That is hilarious! Thank you. :-)

Laurel
05-10-2007, 04:40 PM
My personal favorites are the fake crime hoax ones. They always say "I checked this on snopes and it's TRUE". Argh, they are NEVER true. I can't count the number of times I have asked my in-laws to actually check snopes themselves. I really think they just forward without even reading!

Pennylane
05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
That is now going to be my response to everyone I get!!

Ann

californiagirl
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Fortunately, I'm low on forwards from friends. Now, if my in-laws would stop sending me dirty jokes... (and by the way, my husband? your son? you know, the one you know? the militant atheist who hates Microsoft products? maybe at Christmas it was not such a good idea to send him the giant PowerPoint presentation with the slow dissolves and the kittens and the hymns, and the Santa Clauses? 'cause SIL and I thought it was hysterical, which is probably not exactly what you intended, particularly since the whole sibling rivalry meant she made DH watch it too just so she could watch him explode while she literally laughed so hard she couldn't stand up.)

Puddy73
05-11-2007, 09:37 AM
OMG, I love that!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Melanie
05-11-2007, 12:52 PM
>No, I am not going to torture my friends and forward them the
>email you just sent me to let me know if I don't forward it to
>10 of my best friends something bad is going to happen to my
>family. First of all, I don't even have 10 friends to forward
>it to and the few I have won't be my friends much longer if I
>keep sending them your stupid emails. I like puppies, kittens,
>etc but do not want to download a file with pictures of them
>doing "cute" things.
>
>If you want to email me, just email me to say hi, how are you
>doing? How are the kids? Sorry I missed their birthdays again
>but yet I have time to tell you that you will go to hell if
>you don't forward this. I am so sick of them!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Also does no one check Snopes to find out if any of the emails
>they send are true or not?? Come on people, don't be so
>gullible!
>
OMG, I TOTALLY HEAR YOU. Word, for word I could have written it. When I've got time, sometimes I will actually "reply to all" with a like to the Snopes page. :o

Melanie
05-11-2007, 01:03 PM
That is beautiful! Thanks.