PDA

View Full Version : We're having an expensive day.

KBecks
05-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Sometimes I let Alek touch, play with and wear my eyeglasses. Today, he pulled them off my face and ripped both bows off so that they are irrepairable. Later this afternoon, I saw him holding the box for my night mouth guard saying "gone", and yes, it's lost.

I hope we will find the guard. I am going to look for specials on eyeglasses.

I didn't punish Alek for either problem, although in retrospect, I think I should have given him a time out for the eyeglasses.

What would you have done?

kozachka
05-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Hugs. I was really mad when my DS put my $200+ cell phone into a glass with milk few months ago. Maybe even too much but at least now when DS sees the cell phone he occasionally tells me it is not OK to put it into the milk.

DS also broke my prescription sunglasses when he was under 1. I did not punish him at the time since it was more of my fault than his IMO. If you have AAA, Lenscrafters is a good place to buy replacement pair. They also have coupons online. And they cover their glasses for a whole year. I once stepped on mine and had to only pay $50 to replace them with the same pair.

And our lab chewed my night guard to pieces as a puppy. Kids are expensive :( , in more than one way. In Russia 'dear' and 'expensive' are the same word, appropriately so I think addressing my DS ;).

Radosti
05-12-2007, 08:15 PM
My DS is crazy about yanking my mom's glasses off. Makes me very glad that I had LASIK surgery done in 2000. The best decision I ever made, especially since it was covered by my insurance at the time.

He did get drool on the connector parts of my old cell phone a while ago and killed it, but I was all ready for a new phone anyway and he was 11 months old, so I let it go. Now I watch my cell phone like a hawk since it's fairly new.

Marisa6826
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Since I'm blinder than a bat without my glasses, the girls know that they're absolutely OFF LIMITS. They only time they'll touch them is if they come in my room to wake me up, and they hand them to me. I guess they've figured out that I can't tell who I'm talking to without them on. ;)

When they were younger, the girls would try and grab Jonathan's glasses (never mine, though), and they learned quickly that they weren't allowed to get away with that sort of thing.

With regard to your mouth guard, well, that would be off limits here, as well. The girls know they're not allowed to go into my nightstand.

Costco has some surprisingly nifty frames, BTW.

-m

kijip
05-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Ah, kids and glasses. Toby broke TWO pairs of J's insanely expensive glasses before age 2. Needless to say, J is more modest in his price selections now. And Toby knows never to fuss with people's glasses.

I hope you find new glasses you love for cheap and find the mouth guard! Good luck.

s7714
05-13-2007, 12:40 AM
>Costco has some surprisingly nifty frames, BTW.

I LOVE the titanium frames I got from Costco! They're nice and bendy, so even when they get whacked off my face by a DC the frame doesn't get bent or damaged in the slightest. They were less than half what I'd paid for my previous glasses from Lenscrafters too!

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

chlobo
05-13-2007, 06:45 AM
My DD absconded with my mouth guard before she was very verbal. We took the whole bedroom apart looking for it and no go.

I asked for the millionth time what she did with it and she said under the mattress (where we had already looked). Turns out it was resting on the frame of the bed, where the mattress rests. So after a week, I got it back.