PDA

View Full Version : Dieting is really stressing me out

hudsonam
05-14-2007, 09:32 AM
I started the South Beach Diet a few weeks ago, and made it about a week and a half and then cheated a little bit. Nothing major. I had planned to stick with Phase 1 a little longer to make up for it, but I didn't. I went into Phase 2 when I was scheduled to, but that confuses me a little, because I'm not sure when I'm crossing the line into Phase 3. I think I skipped Phase 2 really. Anyway, I totally pigged out yesterday, having bagels and waffles and other wonderful Mother's Day brunch foods, so I'm back up a couple pounds. I only had maybe 10 pounds to lose (more if I want to be skinny-skinny), and I've lost around 6 or 7, but I'm back up a couple lbs after this weekend.

I'm taking medication that can cause weight gain (anxiety meds). I think it slows your metabolism. So while I used to be able to splurge every once in a while (once a week or so), and not have any significant weight gain, now it packs on the lbs right away.

We are currently TTC, so part of me doesn't want to kill myself over dieting when I'm hopefully going to be pg soon, and I plan to eat whatever my body wants me to eat.

I don't know what I'm looking for here, but I just needed to vent a little, because I'm mad at my body right now for making it so difficult to maintain my weight. :( I have pants in my closet from before I went on the medication that I only wore for maybe a month, and now they are way too small. I don’t think I'll ever get back into them. And I have one pair that I am close to being able to wear, but only if I stick to South Beach, which I'm really cranky about doing.

ellies mom
05-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry. The whole weight thing is very complicated. I do want to say that if you don't like South Beach than don't do it. Losing weight is hard enough without trying to stick to a diet plan that makes you cranky. Have you tried Weight Watchers? I haven't used it but several of my friends have had great success. I think it is a lot easier to stick to a plan that doesn't focus on all the things you can't eat.

Anyhow, big hugs though.

hudsonam
05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Thank you. :) Yea, I think I'm going to try WW and see how that goes.

alexsmommy
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
SB works for me, but I can only make it about 10 days in phase one. I do better in phase two, but then after a few weeks there, I switch to WW. The way I eat naturally is more like WW and when I was on meds that caused weight gain - WW was definately less frustrating. Sorry its so annoying - losing weight sucks.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07