PDA

View Full Version : FIL forgot DD's b-day

Mommy Of A Little Angel
05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
DD's first birthday was last week and FIL forgot. He has only seen DD once in her life so far. I send pictures often and for a few months, neither he nor his wife would reply. I finally sent an email asking if they were getting the pictures. This did get them to reply. So, I sent out DD's first birthday pictures this weekend. I got an email back from FIL's wife saying they were cute and what did we want from them for DD's birthday. I am not sure if they even realize her birthday was last week. I am really annoyed because it's her grandfather for crying out loud. I want to say something, but I am not even sure what to say. Am I just overreacting?

Any and all advice welcome!

bunnisa
05-14-2007, 04:35 PM
No advice, but you're not alone. FIL has never seen DC #2 (now over a year old, BTW), yet somehow he and his girlfriend have time to go off on a whim on trips all the time. MIL & sFIL live 15 minutes away and see the DC about 4 or 5 times a year (holidays). But actually that's a good thing (they have MAJOR issues and honestly I wish it was less frequent ;) )

I'm so sorry -- I know how it feels. I am grateful that my own parents are involved in my childrens' lives, even though they live across the country.

You can't pick your family, unfortunately...

...blessed wife and mama to two & one due this summer!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

Jenn98
05-15-2007, 12:03 AM
You are not overreacting. (((hugs)))