PDA

View Full Version : why did they choose the same one??

scoop22
05-18-2007, 08:54 PM
this might be crazy but i am annoyed... last year for our anniversary mil got us a light house to cover our well. it is nice b/c everyone in the neighborhood as wishing well. so ours was nice and different. last week i got a knock on the door. it was the mother of the new neighbor next door. she asked where we got it. long story short i told her we got it as a gift. i walked out today and THEY HAVE THE SAME DAMN LIGHT HOUSE..........i could scream. i like mine so much i guess i should take it as a compliment. but still why the same one??????????????????? i didn't even know they made them..

thanks for listening. tell me i am crazy i know it..
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

megs4413
05-18-2007, 08:57 PM
woulda pissed me off, too....damn followers.....imitation is the highest form of flattery, my foot...

elizabethkott
05-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Right there with you. I'd be pissed too. Remember my post about DH's friend and my friend from hs who got married on the same day, got pregnant after we said we were and are moving in to town? Yeah. They moved in TODAY. Yippie skippy. Grrrrr. Flattery - whatever.

Fortunatly, because you own the same one, you are aware of the structural weaknesses... and therefore, exactly how much force it would take the "neighborhood kids" to knock it down via a baseball bat.
:)

scoop22
05-19-2007, 08:31 AM
i do remember your post... i never thought of the baseball bat.. grrrrrrrrrrr at least i know there is a local place that sells them since mil got it half way across the state.. i am still bitter this morning.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

Corie
05-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I totally understand why you are mad!

I have always had a problem with copy-cats! Ticks me off to no end!
I really want to tell the person to get your own ideas.

My mom would tell me to take it as a compliment. She said that it means
they obviously liked my taste. And, my answer was always the same.
"They need to get their own taste!" :)