PDA

View Full Version : I'm really sad and upset but don't have time to wallow....

bisous
05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I just have to get this off my chest. I have about 5 minutes scheduled before I need to really get going and get some things done.

This week has been hard. I failed my 1 hr GTT--spectacularly. My 1 hr blood glucose was 154. I really know I shouldn't worry until I take the 3 hr but truth is, I'm worried and I feel guilty for some reason.

I am going to a dermatologist tomorrow for a weird skin growth on my face. It is crusty and scaly but not a mole. I'm afraid its skin cancer of some sort. Again, I know I shouldn't worry until I see the doctor.

Finally, this is the most trivial of all but I gained 7 pounds in 4 weeks. I know that all of this is vanity but the same thing happened my first pregnancy. The first seven months everyone and their dog comments on how fantastic I look even making comments like "you don't even look pregnant!" or "I can't believe you are that far". The second half, I start gaining--fast! Last time around I gained over 70 pounds. This time I've already done 33 pounds and I have 7 weeks to go. I don't know why I worry. My baby is healthy and my DS was beautiful when he was born. My DH says I look good--I am bigger but no biggie. If a friend talked to me about their weight I would advise them not to worry: THat beautiful comes in all shapes and sizes. And I would mean it to. I love to see the variety of shapes women come in. WHY OH WHY is it a different story for ME?

Okay, I've about expended my time frame--off to wash the car, visit cousins and get the "check engine" light checked out on my car.

I just needed to vent.

Thanks, as always, for listening.

sidmand
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Hugs! Sorry you're feeling down. I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I went into my pregnancy with diabetes, so 154 doesn't sound all that bad to me! And with only (*only*) 7 weeks to go, it won't be really bad. And you probably already do a lot of it for your DS anyway, right?

I also gained way more weight that I wanted. And the first two trimesters pretty much nothing and then BAM, no matter what I did the weight just piled on. It wasn't until recently that I realized it was mostly water weight though. I did the best I could, but a good deal of it came off as soon as I gave birth and my body processed it through. It's hard when it's you though! I had hoped not to gain too much because I was already overweight to begin wtih...just wasn't the case. But everyone was healthy in the end and that it was matters. You can worry about the other stuff later! (Much easier said than done, especially coming from a worrier myself!)

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

ShanaMama
05-24-2007, 11:00 PM
It's always easier to tell other people not to worry, isn't it? Somehow when it comes to ourselves, the emotions don't exactly listen to the logic.
I'm sorry everything seems to be going wrong. I've been having a hard couple of weeks, so I know how it feels when it's just one thing after the next. Feel free to vent away!
I hope the 3 hour test & the derm appt both go well & the sky gets a little sunnier tomorrow.

bisous
05-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Tomorrow is both the 3 hr GTT and the dermatologist visit. While I don't know anything more, I feel so much better--in large part because I was able to vent. I'm not going to stress about the weight. I'm just going to continue to do my best to be really healthy and relish this baby growing experience. Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts--I love the b*tching post!

ShanaMama
05-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Just checking up on you... hope things went well.

elizabethkott
05-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Hope everything went okay! :)

scoop22
05-27-2007, 01:36 PM
thinking of you and hoping things work out!!
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

kozachka
05-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Hope things went well.

bisous
05-28-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm really touched that everyone remembered that I had a big day this week. Friday morning I woke up and took my 3 hr GTT and PASSED with flying colors. I'm going to post in the lounge about the experience but the long and short is that I had been eating healthy for about 4 days prior and the results between the first and second were drastically different.

Later that day, the dermatologist took one look at my scaly, brown lesion on my nose and said, "you have an age spot". He said that it was HIGHLY unlikely to be cancerous and scraped it off in about 2 minutes. Evidently these things are triggered by hormones which I have in great abundance at this time. (It was kind of funny to get a brochure about my Seborrheic Ketosis sp? that had a picture of a 100 year old man on it, though).

By 1:00 p.m. I knew that I did not have either diabetes or cancer so it was a great day. :)

Thanks for letting me vent and thank you for caring enough to follow up!

scoop22
05-28-2007, 08:11 AM
wonderful news. enjoy your week!!!
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

kozachka
05-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear you passed both 'tests'.